PDA

View Full Version : Patagonias Am

Don Hamilton Jr.
07-16-2016, 06:19 PM
Torres De Paine Nat Park is a landscapers dream come true. As i stood there in the cold and windy am awaiting the first light.. i begin to see the clouds racing by, and the peaks begin to light up. It was game on, and a series of great opps. For the next 45 mins i was able to photograph the rapidly changing conditions, and enjoy dull to dramatic colors... I'm a softy for long exposures, and atmospheric conditions...
Canon 5dmk3 canon 16-35mm F4 , Iso 50 20mm, Bulb, 38 secs, f8 Single image.

Arthur Morris
07-16-2016, 06:37 PM
Obviously spectacular. I love the incredible light on the peak and the motion in the clouds. a

Don Lacy
07-16-2016, 08:46 PM
Wonderful image Don, love the flow of the clouds and wonderful light upon the mountain. Going with the long exposure to ad drama and movement to the clouds was a good choice and the processing is not bad either:w3

Don Hamilton Jr.
07-17-2016, 08:30 AM
Thks Artie, and Don... It is truly a magical place!! Big thks to Don, for his patience and teaching me luminosity masks.. More images to come!!

Adhika Lie
07-17-2016, 10:43 AM
Beautiful! The shadow is dark but not clogged up. The sky is also nicely done. Luminosity mask is indeed the way to go for this! Thanks for sharing, Don!

Don Railton
07-17-2016, 06:54 PM
Hi Don

Wonderful light and image.. Love to have been there. I am more of a fan of the FG than the clouds however, (espc that winding river) so that is just a little dark for me, but only just. If I was showing of the cloud then i think FG is about right.. There is a (fine) halo over the ridge top that everyone else has avoided mentioning or not seen..

Don R

Rachel Hollander
07-20-2016, 06:51 AM
Hi Don - This works extremely well with gorgeous light and colors. A beautiful scene well captured. I also see the halo.

TFS,
Rachel

Andrew McLachlan
07-25-2016, 08:08 PM
Hi Don...this is a stunning image...superb work and looking forward to seeing more from your trip!!!

Morkel Erasmus
07-28-2016, 03:44 PM
Epic shot Don - love the alpenglow and slow streaking clouds.
I'd love to go there myself one day...
Post more!!

Luis Patacao
07-29-2016, 08:13 AM
Great image and light streak here, the LE suits the sky very well!

Enviado do meu P01Z através de Tapatalk