PDA

View Full Version : Indigo Bunting

Isaac Grant
07-15-2016, 09:22 PM
Here is another shot of a very confiding Indigo Bunting. I have so many that I did not get through yet during a few different mornings with this bird. From Negri-Nepote Grasslands in New Jersey. This shot taken shortly after the sun peaks over the trees. About 45 minutes after sun up.

Canon 7d2 and 500 f4 ii + 1.4x iii. ISO 640, F 7.1, SS 1/1600. Focus point on the eye and cheek below and to the right. Tripod mounted.

Converted in DPP 4. Auto ISO. -.17 exposure, highlights -2. In Photoshop I followed Arties critique from my other image and lowered the saturation on Cyan (-25), Blue (-10) and Yellow (-5). Smart sharpened and applied noise reduction to background. Also used Viveza to lower the contrast and exposure to background. Both at -5. Cropped as square as the bird was a bit left of center in the frame and I did not want to add canvas with such a busy background.

Arthur Morris
07-16-2016, 05:57 PM
The colors are much more pleasing to my eye in this one. And nice and sharp and the square crop works well.

a

Randy Stout
07-23-2016, 12:49 PM
Issac:

Good techs as mentioned by Artie: The problem for me are the dead leaves on the perch, which distract from the beautiful bird.

cheers

Randy

Marina Scarr
09-08-2016, 01:03 PM
Such a lovely bird and image. Great pose.