PDA

View Full Version : The Seven Year Itch.

Daniel Cadieux
07-14-2016, 07:44 PM
Spotted Sandpiper style. This awkward looking juvenile, complete with remnant down on the neck and scragglies at the tail, was posing beautifully for me on this perch when a well-timed gust of wind pushed up its tail. It made for a rather unique pose I thought!

Canon 7DII + 500mm f/4 II + 1.4TC III, manual exposure, evaluative metering, 1/250s., f/5.6, ISO 1600, natural light, handheld, eye work, removed a colour cast on the belly (sponge tool, set to desaturate). Audio used to entice it on the perch.

Glennie Passier
07-15-2016, 12:55 AM
Love this Dan. Beautiful soft BG that compliments the softness of the juvenile bird. The scraggly feathers are a big bonus for me. Perch is great too. Mighty fine work at 1/250 sec!

keith mitchell
07-15-2016, 02:20 AM
Dan this is a cracking capture,looked long and hard but don't see anything that i would like to change,bird and perch all look fine to me,that bg is superb.

Keith.

Steve Kaluski
07-15-2016, 02:30 AM
Hi Dan, an image that just screams 'delicate', the overcast conditions were in your favour, killer backdrop! The fanned tail feathers/plumage just takes it up another gear.

TFS
Steve

Joseph Przybyla
07-15-2016, 08:33 AM
As close to perfect as it gets. Nice soft pastel colors in the background which compliment the bird perfectly. The wind raised tail feathers takes this over the top. Thank you for sharing, Daniel.

Arthur Morris
07-15-2016, 02:37 PM
Wow, I do not think that you could get better light, a better pose, or a sweeter subject and background if you live to be 90... A truly memorable image.

a

Isaac Grant
07-15-2016, 09:36 PM
Just amazing Daniel. Soft light, great pose and background. The fluffed tail. That perch. I think I would die a happy man if I took this picture. :cheers: