PDA

View Full Version : Sunset Thunder

Michael Thompson
07-12-2016, 09:33 PM
I had a quick storm pop up near home and went out to try some lightning shots. I found a lake with a good view, but wish it wasn't choked with vegetation. Shot with my 7Dll with a tokina 11-16 lens at 12 mm, on my manfrotto window clamp pod F/22 8 seconds, 200 iso

Don Railton
07-12-2016, 11:14 PM
Hi Michael

Yes, agreed, would be nice to get a reflection in that lake.. Not much chance with that vegie crop. Nice composition and placement of arc. I would lighten the FG just a little and the blues (clouds..) & greens(vegies) are a bit strong in saturation I think

Don

Michael Thompson
07-13-2016, 01:08 AM
Hi Michael

Yes, agreed, would be nice to get a reflection in that lake.. Not much chance with that vegie crop. Nice composition and placement of arc. I would lighten the FG just a little and the blues (clouds..) & greens(vegies) are a bit strong in saturation I think

Don

Wow, I didn't notice the blues at all, until I read your reply and looked again, and they really stuck out like a sore thumb! nice catch! :5 ~MT

Morkel Erasmus
07-15-2016, 01:41 AM
Nicely done to get the big lightning strike.
I think overall you could sharpen a bit more and add structure in the clouds through midtone contrast.
I agree that the foreground could get a little more details teased out...

Michael Thompson
07-15-2016, 08:48 AM
Repost. Thanks for the tips!

Rachel Hollander
07-16-2016, 07:37 AM
Hi Michael - Nice lightning. Good suggestions above that you have implemented well in the rp. I think I would go with the darker fg though. The additional detail isn't doing anything for me, if anything the now more visible plants are drawing the eye slightly.

TFS,
Rachel

Don Hamilton Jr.
07-16-2016, 06:00 PM
Nice timing, the repost clears up some of the suggestions. Love the mood and feeling here.

Don Lacy
07-24-2016, 06:38 PM
Nice repost I would crop out the vegetation

Andrew McLachlan
07-25-2016, 07:53 PM
Repost worls best for me and I agree with cropping out the vegetation...repost shows an improvement in the clouds, but would like to see them a little sharper...great lightning strike!

Michael Thompson
07-27-2016, 11:49 PM
Thanks for the helpful suggestions! Here is second repost bye bye grass on the bottom, I tried to add sharpening in the clouds. Blur caused by cloud motion and 8 seconds with the shutter open. ~MT