PDA

View Full Version : Severe thunderstorm over a cemetery

Michael Thompson
07-08-2016, 09:34 AM
The dark storm clouds give an eerie green color to this old church building and graveyard. Canon 7Dll, Sigma 18-35mm at 29mm, f1.8, 1/80th, 500 iso handheld

Adhika Lie
07-08-2016, 10:13 AM
Very cool subject and nice drama in the sky, Michael! Unfortunately, the green cast presents itself as a problem for me. Maybe you could correct it in post? I also feel the flower arrangements (especially the one in the middle) are distractions to the scene and the blacks too clogged up. I understand that you are trying to get the mood by having a dark scene but for some reasons I feel the vignette and the dark trees a little bit on the side of being too dark.

Rachel Hollander
07-08-2016, 07:54 PM
Hi Michael - Definitely has a bit of horror movie feel to it. Good points by Adhika. If the green cast was your intention, which I suspect it was, then I would at least remove it from the windows of the church. I also think it needs some cw rotation.

TFS,
Rachel

Michael Thompson
07-08-2016, 10:38 PM
Hi, thanks for the comments. The green is actually from the color in the sky, I like that, I agree it may be too dark, and the flowers, yeah, I don't like em:tinysmile_shy_t:

Andrew McLachlan
07-10-2016, 07:10 PM
A very spooky scene that is reminiscent of horror movies indeed...I would crop a small portion off the top.

Don Railton
07-10-2016, 11:23 PM
Hi Michael

Great mood captured here, I Like the white cross against the dark BG.. I agree with a crop from the top, maybe brighten the cross just a smidge.. The flowers dont bother me, the green tinge real or not I would prefer not..

DON

Morkel Erasmus
07-15-2016, 01:46 AM
A gloomy image! You received some good suggestions, I agree with Rachel here.
Could work well as high contrast B&W image too?