Tv(Shutter Speed) 1/250
Av(Aperture Value) 8.0
Metering Mode Evaluative Metering
Exposure Compensation -1/3
ISO Speed 800
Auto ISO Speed ON
Lens EF100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS II USM
Focal Length 400.0mm

The joys of an English summer, this little blue tit was looking a bit bedraggled.
All C&C welcome.

keith mitchell
07-08-2016, 10:08 AM
Jon the bird does not look so pretty in that wet and bedraggled state but it's the kind of shot that appeals to me,think I might try a tiny bit off the left but that apart it ticks all the boxes for me,do like the rain drops against that bg.

Keith.

christopher galeski
07-09-2016, 01:38 AM
Nice one John,shows are summer off well,the blue Tit certainly looks bedraggled,good detail,like the rain in the BG.TFS.

Steve Kaluski
07-09-2016, 04:40 AM
Hi Jon, the capture conveys the days of Summer well here, shows the contrast of here and the Californian light.

Techs look good, if you get a chance, try 1/160 for fun. I think you can afford to loose some off the top without hurting the image. Love the vibrant green of the leaves and detail compared to the bedraggled, muted colours of the Blue tit.

TFS
Steve

How is the 500 doing, any more thoughts?? :bg3:

Jonathan Ashton
07-09-2016, 05:45 AM
Hi Jon, the capture conveys the days of Summer well here, shows the contrast of here and the Californian light.

Techs look good, if you get a chance, try 1/160 for fun. I think you can afford to loose some off the top without hurting the image. Love the vibrant green of the leaves and detail compared to the bedraggled, muted colours of the Blue tit.

TFS
Steve

How is the 500 doing, any more thoughts?? :bg3:

Yes if I can sell my Mk 1 on ebay will get the Mk II:S3:

John Robinson
07-09-2016, 09:10 PM
The conditions were certainly not good but I am sorry Jon it does not gel for me. Sharpness is lacking and a young messy blue tit never makes good pics in my humble opinion. The rain is good but it needs a little more.

JR