PDA

View Full Version : "Crested" Wryneck

Rosl Roessner
06-12-2008, 12:53 PM
This is one more of my Wryneck images.
The Wryneck is part of the Woodpecker family and really uncommon in Germany.
I like the "crested" look of this one.. :)

Mark III / Canon 500mm + 1.7 Soligor TC
f 4.5 / 1/400 sec. / ISO 500
- 2/3 Exp Corr.

gary rouleau
06-12-2008, 01:15 PM
Beautiful photo Rosl. My only nit would be to darken the bright belly a touch.

Tschuess
gary

Gus Cobos
06-12-2008, 05:48 PM
Rosl, I love this image, very sharp full of details, good clear eye with a good head angle. The perch is very nice, and the deep rich background compliments your bird very well...congrats...Yes the under belly is perhaps a tad too hot, but hey I love it the way it is...:):D:cool:

Axel Hildebrandt
06-12-2008, 07:27 PM
Great light and pose. I might give it a bit more room at the bottom and there are some artifacts in the BG. I would clone out the barbed wire, just a personal preference.

Sharna Lee
06-12-2008, 07:45 PM
Wow! I've never seen this type of bird. It's a first for me.
I think it's beautiful. The bg is just lovely and adds so much to this birds natural color.
The barbed wire is gorgeous. Color is spot on. I really dig this picture.

Robert Amoruso
06-13-2008, 07:45 AM
Rosl,

Grand looking bird. I would reduce the brightness of the belly and then do a selection on the eye and immediate area and lighten that up some to make the eye more prominent.

Lana Hays
06-13-2008, 05:17 PM
Rosl
A great looking "fluffy" bird on a perch with character. I'd reduce some of the belly brightness as well. I like the barbed wire.....it reminds me of the fences where I grew up. Well done.

Grady Weed
06-13-2008, 09:27 PM
Keep the barbed wire, it is part of the environment. And it goes with the perch. Speaking of the perch. Love the lichen. It matches the bird somewhat. good head turn and eye contact. Yes the arched top of the head is a nice catch too. I am always enthralled with natures way of blending in. this bird has some nice camo here. It is a keeper. And thanks for posting it for us.

DanWalters
06-17-2008, 09:27 PM
Nice shot! I like the light and the colors. Never have seen one of these.