PDA

View Full Version : Cotton Grass

John Robinson
07-05-2016, 11:20 AM
The one I should have posted. Even ones breath can cause movement.
Very hard to do with the slightest breeze.
the BG
D7100
Sigma 50mm macro
CCM 5 images
100 ISO
50th sec @f4.5
Usual PP in Paint Shop Pro
Thanks for your interest
JohnR

Jonathan Ashton
07-05-2016, 11:54 AM
Exposure on the whites is good but looking round the edges of the cotton grass there are unnatural tone variations. The green background is a strange shade of green not what I would have thought typically associated with cotton grass.
I have to admit I am looking carefully and I must be biased logically, though trying not to be after seeing the previous image.

John Robinson
07-05-2016, 05:47 PM
I did ask a moderator or whatever to remove my last post - the one I put on by mistake,- one I had been experimenting with.
Apart from that- personal preferences such as seen in the many varied shots we see on this forum including many with artificial backgropunds will in my view always be of prime importance. - if not - whats the point.?
A recent shot of a burnett moth had a similar colour to my cotton grass.- certainly alian to all the such species of the moth I have seen.
JohnR

Jonathan Ashton
07-06-2016, 01:20 AM
I did ask a moderator or whatever to remove my last post - the one I put on by mistake,- one I had been experimenting with.
Apart from that- personal preferences such as seen in the many varied shots we see on this forum including many with artificial backgropunds will in my view always be of prime importance. - if not - whats the point.?
A recent shot of a burnett moth had a similar colour to my cotton grass.- certainly alian to all the such species of the moth I have seen.
JohnR

I didn't realise you had asked for an image to be removed I will do so. You are quite right about the moth the background was very poor indeed, the colour balance was wrong but no one commented, if they had I would have agreed.
The point in submitting images is to receive feedback upon their appearance this can result in favourable or non favourable responses, by being completely open to them, I feel I can learn and hope to improve my images by doing so.
I have just noticed you have already removed the aforesaid image.