PDA

View Full Version : Georgian Bay at Sunset

Andrew McLachlan
07-03-2016, 07:41 PM
A sunset scene from Georgian Bay captured from the town of Tobermory, Ontario at the tip of the Bruce Peninsula. During my late May, early June trip to the Bruce Peninsula much to my dismay, every morning and night I was presented with perfectly clear skies. For this scene I used my Singh Ray 3-stop Reverse Graduated Neutral Density Filter and a long exposure time of 8 seconds to smooth the water's of Georgian Bay and to reveal some of the detail in the submerged rocky shore in the foreground.

Nikon D800
Nikon 18-35mm lens @ 18mm
ISO 100
f16 @ 8 seconds

Look forward to comments.

Don Railton
07-03-2016, 11:31 PM
Hi Andrew

Nice serene shot... looks a little blue (in the FG espc) but I am guessing its the blue hour so I would say its probably about right..

DON

Adhika Lie
07-04-2016, 10:01 AM
Serene is right. I would consider burning the lightest part of the body of water on the upper left ever so slightly but the composition here is spot on.

Rachel Hollander
07-04-2016, 08:23 PM
Hi Andrew - A very pleasing image with nice detail in the fg and then the smooth water. I almost wonder what it would like without the land at the horizon. One thing I would do if it were mine is reduce the magenta cast in the rocks.

TFS,
Rachel

Arthur Morris
07-09-2016, 02:35 PM
Hey Andrew, I love the soft tones and water in the upper half of the frame but the rocks do not do anything for me...

a

Andrew McLachlan
07-10-2016, 07:15 PM
Thanks so much for the comments and suggestions folks, they are much appreciated!

Don Lacy
07-24-2016, 06:45 PM
Hi Andrew, AI am a little behind on commenting so sorry for the late reply, love the water and tones of the sky but thought the image was over powered by the rocks so i cropped them a bit.