PDA

View Full Version : theme-bald eagle

Bob Smith
07-03-2016, 06:43 PM
163491 Not 100% head-on so I don't know if this qualifies for the theme this month but when I took the shot it sure felt like a head-on attack. This is one of a pair of young birds that chose to build their nest this winter right in a farmer friend's yard so people being around is a common experience for them but they still sometimes hiss and swoop around when you walk into the yard. Their offspring is almost ready to fly-it's amazing how fast these youngsters grow and develop feathers. 7DII,EF 100-400 f/4.5-5.6 IS MII, ISO640, f/6.3, 1/1600, HH, cropped to 70%<script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/14f0bae5/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script><script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/14f0bae5/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script>
SaveSave
<script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/14f0bae5/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script>

William Dickson
07-04-2016, 05:44 PM
Hi Bob. Well captured on this one. I like the contrast and the colours throughout. the details look a wee bit flat on the bird for some reason? almost painterly on my screen

Will

Doug Brown
07-05-2016, 04:37 PM
I see plenty of detail Bob, and I like the 'screaming eagle' pose. The side lighting is challenging, but you did well with it. Wish we had a bit more eye contact with the bird.

Bob Smith
07-06-2016, 01:32 PM
163538Thanks for your comments guys. I get what you're saying about the eyes Doug--I think she was going cross-eyed trying to keep me in sight. I'm not sure though that I see what you're saying Will so in an attempt to find it I started playing with what I thought might be the appropriate sliders ( I'm using Aperture ), starting 1st with Vibrance, then Hue for yellow and blue. This brightened the head a bit and I think the browns somewhat as well.Do you see any improvement in my RP , or are the brighter blues just affecting my overall perception?<script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/b9dfd8f8/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script><script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/b9dfd8f8/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script><script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/b9dfd8f8/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script>
SaveSave