PDA

View Full Version : Composition #1 - Guggenheim, NYC

Cheryl Slechta
07-01-2016, 06:43 PM
This is from my recent trip to NYC. I've now visited the Guggenheim in Venice, Bilbao and NYC and love them all:S3: This is straight out of the camera (my new Oly).

I hope everyone in OOTB has a nice and safe 4th of July weekend!

Wendy Kates
07-01-2016, 08:55 PM
This is a really interesting and effective composition. I also love the contrasts between the darks and lights. Have a good weekend too!

Dennis Bishop
07-01-2016, 09:04 PM
I agree with Wendy about the lights and darks. That curve encompassing the most important elements is just wonderful. The entire image is so appealing I'm sure I'll look at it many more times.

Hazel Grant
07-01-2016, 10:20 PM
wonderful mixture of curves, angles, black, white. The person adds to it with her black dress. Good catch. (I can't help wondering if she is looking at her phone....surely, with all the beauty around her, she isn't!

Michael Gerald-Yamasaki
07-01-2016, 10:48 PM
Cheryl,

Greetings. Beautiful, Cheryl! The composition matched with the artwork on display is perfect. Bravo!

Cheers,

-Michael-

Adhika Lie
07-04-2016, 10:33 AM
Sorry for being late to the party, Cheryl but this is simply amazing. If it were mine, I would consider cropping out the LL corner and probably slightly from the top too.

Cheryl Slechta
07-04-2016, 07:08 PM
Adhika, when I was getting this ready to print I did try cropping a little off of the top and came back to this original crop. But I like both crops and I'll try some different mat configurations before I make up my mind for sure. I wouldn't want to lose that curve on the lower left, however.

Adhika Lie
07-05-2016, 09:17 AM
Cheryl, your prerogative so no question about that. It's such a pretty composition and has inspired me to dabble in architectural shots like this, too! :)

Hazel Grant
07-06-2016, 07:44 AM
Just curious. How big were you going to print this? I can see it as a very large print in someone's home or office.

Cheryl Slechta
07-06-2016, 05:33 PM
Hi, Hazel, My printer will only print 13x19 but I'm planning on printing it 15x11 so it'll probably go in a 16x20 frame. I may try to push it and print larger but since the Oly is only 16.1 MP I'm not sure if it'll hold up - I need to see how far I can push it anyway so I will probably try it (after I order more ink - I'm almost out:S3:).

Hazel Grant
07-06-2016, 11:12 PM
Just wondering. As I said, I can "see" it as a very large print on a wall in the right setting. (Do you ever watch Castle??? There's a large stairway behind his desk that is quite riveting. I think it must be about 4x4 feet.