PDA

View Full Version : trio (daisy, tickseed, blanket flower)

Ron Conlon
06-30-2016, 08:49 PM
The tickseed and blanket flower grow wild here, not so sure about this variety of daisy. Despite that, these are from our garden, taken inside and posed in front of a printed background. This is the same background as in the previous lily stack, just moved a little further back and with the flash a little lower to reduce the pea-greenness, critiqued by Nancy in that stack.
A stack of 60 images composited with Zerene, both DMap and PMax stacks made and the bloom edges and backround from the DMap used in the final image.
To get the yellows to have more range, local contrast was increased (contrast reduced a bit and then unsharp mask at a wide radius)
D800E on a tripod tethered with Helicon Remote software to a laptop, remote flash.
200mm f6.3 1/200 iso100

John Robinson
06-30-2016, 09:35 PM
Can't say much Ron except that its about perfect. I don't understand fully your explained stacking techs but that doesn't matter.
Looks great. Like the fades stalks again.
John
Looking at it again Ron I was thinking it a bit tight but then again it could emphasise things. Always two ways of looking at things.
John

Jonathan Ashton
07-02-2016, 03:22 AM
Super shot Ron wonderful quality and detail. My only slight reservation is the bloom on the right is angled slightly away, I suspect this is where it rested naturally and would not stay in an ideal position.

Diane Miller
07-03-2016, 01:01 PM
I love this trio! Wonderful lighting and the stacking makes it very special. The angle away of the blanket flower works for me because of its slight separation from the other two.

Wendy Kates
07-03-2016, 06:34 PM
I love the detail in the flowers, and the way that yellow is repeated in some way in each flower. Plus, they really pop in contrast to the background.