PDA

View Full Version : Stitching Fun in Wild Britain

Arthur Morris
06-12-2008, 08:45 AM
Am briefly in Orlando after a great Zegrahm's Wild Britain Cruise and am headed for Bonaventure today. Back on 21 June. This two frame stiched pano was created at the Bird Observatory on Rathlin Island, Northern Ireland, one of the manyincredible seabird spots that we visited. The birds here are mostly Common Murres, about 8,000 pairs or so I believe. See the next BAA Bulletin for the --I believe that the two ORIGs were created with the 70-200f/4 L IS (but it might have been the 400 DO) and the 40D... (The Bulletins are free and highly educational).

Robert Amoruso
06-13-2008, 07:12 AM
Nice work Artie and a welcomed addition to the pano forum. We are getting a lot of wildlife panoramics which is really livening things up here.

Composition works nicely and I like the fact you included enough of the rock face to get the lighter colored slope in (red outlined). Cutting it off through the slope would have been distracting IMO.

James Shadle
06-15-2008, 02:37 PM
I agree with Robert, the balance works very well for my tastes.

So many birds, so little time!

I will be looking for this on a billboard somewhere soon.

Jim Bob Vader aka Froggie

David Kennedy
06-21-2008, 12:56 PM
Very good work on the bottom edge, especially. I always have difficulty finding a good end point for the bottom edge whenever cropping a rock (or island, as the case may be!) that has so many patterns in it that can be awkward to crop horizontally. The only thing I would probably do differently, if it were my image, would be a tweak to the greens and yellows to make them pop a little more (in Selective Color). Well composed and thanks for posting here, Artie!

Arthur Morris
06-21-2008, 02:07 PM
Hey David, It was raining when I created this and the H/SAT has alreadty been boosted about 40 points! I think that any higher is against the law!

David Kennedy
06-22-2008, 11:45 AM
Fair enough--although excessive HSAT can't be illegal, just ugly :)