PDA

View Full Version : Time, just to chill...

Steve Kaluski
06-27-2016, 11:20 AM
I don't think there is any need for anything else to be said in addition to the title? Would love to know what he was thinking? :bg3:

Thanks to those who viewed or posted a comment on the previous thread.

Steve

Subject: Polar Bear (Ursus maritimus) lying on the frozen ice pack, chilling
Camera: Canon 1DX
Lens: 200-400f/4 HH
Exposure: 1/640s at f/8 ISO2500 EV +1.33
Original format: Landscape, slight crop
Processed via: LRCC & PSCC2015.5

Joseph Przybyla
06-27-2016, 11:22 AM
I love your image... such a treasure to behold. I think one of your best, nothing I would change. Thank you for sharing, Steve.

Stuart Philpott
06-27-2016, 01:44 PM
Steve is he on a bank running downhill from right to left? It's sublime Steve almost makes me feel he is doing the breast stroke only out of water. Your images are always works of art Steve but as Joseph has indicated this one is a tiny bit special

Take care
Stu

Steve Kaluski
06-27-2016, 01:55 PM
Cheers Joe.

Stu, I think you will find it's the perspective with the LHS closer, with a slight twist. He reminds me of one of those rugs from the days of 'Trophy' hunters, but this one was certainly 'alive', which was nice.

Stuart Philpott
06-27-2016, 02:31 PM
Haha:bg3: yes I understand completely now you say that ,with regards to the rug. The perspective comment I'm going to have to stare at a bit Steve,but I'm really glad you mentioned this,I guess the biggest give away is the spine??
thanks for that Steve

stu

Gabriela Plesea
06-27-2016, 03:43 PM
Steve,

One of the best Polar Bear images I have seen so far, not sure what can possibly beat this...Love the expression from the subject, it seems to suggest a complete lack of worry and a degree of abandonment, superb pose. A perfectly exposed frame, well composed and presented, very well processed. I would not change a thing.

I felt just like your Bear few minutes ago. I still am a bit overwhelmed by some software as well as hardware issues:) I took great pleasure viewing, I admit I felt much better after opening this thumbnail, now I am smiling:)

Wonderful work, I find this humorous and uplifting at the same time - much appreciated, Steve:5

Warmest regards,

Giovanni Frescura
06-27-2016, 03:48 PM
Nice the idea of trophy hunter...I like the detail of the eyes.
Right side no like too much..less detail of the snow
Ciao

Rachel Hollander
06-27-2016, 07:40 PM
Hi Steve - I immediately thought it looked like a Bear Rug! What a great relaxed pose. Excellent detail and eye contact. It could be just me, but it seems like it could use just a hint more sharpening.

TFS,
Rachel

haseeb badar
06-28-2016, 06:27 AM
Hi Steve -- Absolutely fantastic !! What a pose , any one will fall in love with this image . I too thought that it needs a bit more sharpening and also i feel a slight crop from the rhs till the ".co.uk" watermark might be more pleasing but not a deal breaker .

TFS !

keith mitchell
06-28-2016, 01:48 PM
Steve I think this is superb and can't find a thing I would like to change ,pleasure to view even if it is tinged with envy.

Keith.

Andreas Liedmann
06-28-2016, 02:21 PM
Hi Steve , all coming together nicely here in this frame ... from title to output .
So cool ...:5 .... brilliant work ... specially when shooting this in Svalbard and not in Churchill Area

Love this one !!!!

TFS Andreas

Jonathan Ashton
06-29-2016, 06:26 AM
Amazing image, just about as good as it gets, the texture and tones in the fur are beautifully captured

MiroslavMaric
06-29-2016, 07:40 AM
Great pose in the frame. Like POV, light and details. Great shot & photo! TFS.

Ritesh Nangare
07-02-2016, 09:50 AM
Ha ha ha ha ...... this is an awesome relax image of poler bear.

love the relax mood in the frame, very intrestingly this huge guy looking at you...

Love the frame.....

TFS.

Don Railton
08-15-2016, 11:32 PM
Simply Awsome..!