PDA

View Full Version : Theme: Rose Mosaic II

Wendy Kates
06-26-2016, 03:30 PM
I thought I would try something different with the Rose Mosaic, to increase its OOTB look. So I applied polar coordinates. A couple of the roses in the original collage didn't work well in the polar coordinate image, so I substituted them. I also applied a tonal contrast filter in CEP, at 52% opacity. I like this version better than the original...it's more interesting...but will be interested in what all of you think.

Dennis Bishop
06-26-2016, 06:40 PM
This is an eye-grabber for sure. It's interesting to see the distortion increasing radially to the point that the outer ones might almost not be recognized as roses if the inner ones weren't there. I like the face in the center, too. :S3:

Hazel Grant
06-26-2016, 08:06 PM
Yes, so much more OOTB interesting. Only critique is that I see the white rose w yellow center as very out of style with the others.
Creative idea, though. Love it.

Wendy Kates
06-27-2016, 01:59 PM
Thanks to both of you. I can see your point, Hazel, about the white flower with the yellow center...it stands out a little. On the other hand, I do like the way the white from that flower is repeated in the white and pink rose in the middle tier of the right side of the image.

Hazel Grant
06-27-2016, 02:23 PM
You have a point.
I was just looking at the style of rose vs that one.

Nancy Bell
07-01-2016, 05:39 PM
Totally cool and very OOTB thinking! I love how this turned out with the increasing size and distortion as you go outwards.

Cheryl Slechta
07-01-2016, 06:34 PM
Hi, Wendy, great OOTB thinking and I like the way the distortion increases as the images moves towards the edges. I tend to agree with Hazel that the white rose is a bit distracting. I think part of the problem is that it doesn't quite fill up its frame so your eye tends to go there first because of the uneven edge compared to the roundness of the rest of the image.