PDA

View Full Version : Theme Harbour Seal in HK

Andreas Liedmann
06-26-2016, 03:37 AM
Hello folks keeping to stay in HK one more time with this Harbour seal taken on Helgoland in 2014
This specimen was peeping up over a sand bank on the beach ... to check out the photographer .. as i was lying flat on the beach and he could not see me without lifting his head .
Hope you like it .

Canon EOS 1Dx
Ef 500 IS L
HH

F 8 ; Iso 1250 ; 1/1000 sec ; today i might push the Iso for more SS :bg3: if i do not forget

Processed with DPP 4 and PS CC ; cropped for comp to 75 % of FF ; just upped the Exp for the HK effect

Thanks for watching and commenting to my previous posting

Cheers Andreas

Andre Pretorius
06-26-2016, 10:19 AM
Hi Andreas

He was certainly giving you the beady eye!
Love the sand sticking to his wet fur and whiskers.
The large FG is a bit distracting, but I can see why one needs it for the comp...

Buthi from the South.

Gabriela Plesea
06-26-2016, 11:35 AM
Hello Andreas,

I do not like it... I love it!

The white fur of the Seal makes me think of...milk:bg3:

Superb colours and detail, a very pleasing and original frame from the composition POV - I love to see unusual stuff that works:)

Thank you so much for sharing, a pleasure to view!

Warmest regards,

Rachel Hollander
06-26-2016, 12:17 PM
Hi Andreas - I too like the soft color palette and different shades of white. I might take a little off the lhs if it were mine but not a deal breaker. Nice detail.

TFS,
Rachel

haseeb badar
06-27-2016, 03:47 AM
HI ANdreas -- I liked this one , especially the way it is head is popping out . Nice details and liked the FG also . I too initially thought of cropping a bit from the lhs . nice image though .

TFS !

Steve Kaluski
06-27-2016, 08:00 AM
Lets see in just in B/W HK, without colour, personally I think it would work better.

TFS
Steve

Andreas Liedmann
06-28-2016, 02:28 PM
Thank you so much folks for your comments ... much appreciated .:wave:

Here is the version with no color .... for Steve ... WDYT ?

CHeers Andreas

Steve Kaluski
06-29-2016, 03:09 AM
Here is the version with no color .... for Steve ... WDYT ?

If you are going HK, to me the RP in B/W is better, although I feel you could loose some off the foot of the image.

Andreas Liedmann
06-29-2016, 02:41 PM
Hi Steve ... i am 50/50 regarding the decision which is more appealing B/W or color :bg3: , anyway thank you for your thoughts .
I agree with you regarding the crop , i can also see various crop options when i look at the original framing in camera .

Cheers Andreas

Saurabh Singh
07-11-2016, 12:45 PM
Dear Andreas,

Soft muted tones ( giving hints of classic pastel colors ) , low angle perspective and your signature detailed processing makes this a great image for me :S3:

And color version is more appealing IMHO.

Regards
Saurabh