PDA

View Full Version : Theme Before the Chase

Andre Pretorius
06-25-2016, 01:05 PM
Keeping on experimenting...
Does this qualify/ work as a High Key image?
Did flip this image, decided to keep as taken. (CTRL Z)

Image captured in Kalahari, between Kousant and LangKlaas, Feb 2015.

Nikon D3S with 500f4
1/1250 @ f6,3
ISO 1600
+ 1/3 EV
Centre-Weighted Metering

Rachel Hollander
06-26-2016, 11:45 AM
Hi Andre - I like this very much. There is a softness to the scene that the high key emphasizes but belying the true power of the lioness. I like the use of the body as a base of the image and the distant gaze of the lioness. Nice detail and not overdone on the contrast.

TFS,
Rachel

Gabriela Plesea
06-26-2016, 02:31 PM
This is my favourite of all your conversions Andre, be it B/W or high key. It just works. Nice detail where it matters most and the expression from the lioness carries a degree of elegance and confidence. I like the simplicity, stark BG, and tonality:5

haseeb badar
06-27-2016, 03:44 AM
Hi Andre -- Very nice HK image ! works on all counts , especially the framing . I agree with the expression on the lioness , she looks fantastic. Very nicely done .

TFS !

Steve Kaluski
06-27-2016, 07:53 AM
Hi Andre, a very good looking Lioness.

Try flipping R to L and then feathering out the rear portion so it almost blends into the stark BKG, and put your © mark on her chest in a %. I just find my eye keeps getting drawn to the RHS as viewing the OP. I want to focus on her head & gaze??

TFS
Steve

Andre Pretorius
06-28-2016, 11:53 AM
Tried an RP with Steve's suggestions, WDYT?

Andreas Liedmann
06-28-2016, 01:06 PM
Hey my brother ..... this is so good !!!
So pleasing to my eyes , big congrats from my side to this lovely frame , for me one of your best frames posted .
Artsy looking for the wall , love the softness in tones and killer detail and sharpness where it counts . :cheers::cheers::cheers:

Agree with Steve regarding the logo and the fading of the back of the lion into the BG

A pleasure to look at .

Cheers Andreas

Steve Kaluski
06-28-2016, 01:40 PM
Tried an RP with Steve's suggestions, WDYT?

But you did not move the ©, swopping it will make the difference.

Marc Mol
06-29-2016, 03:03 PM
Very nicely processed here Andreas, the composition, lighting and soft details all come together, and agree with Andreas, this is one of your best :5

The comp RP is also working for me here.

TFS

Ritesh Nangare
07-02-2016, 09:52 AM
Brillent frame Andra , love the details .... The treatment to the image looks great on the screen ... loved it fully .......

TFS.

Steve Kaluski
07-03-2016, 09:59 AM
To all of you who have posted a reply and even to those who have only viewed, we would appreciate if you please take time to read this thread.

Thank you.

http://www.birdphotographers.net/forums/showthread.php/136104-A-Tremendous-Loss-to-the-Wildlife-Forum-and-our-June-Theme-Winner

Grady Weed
07-25-2016, 01:25 PM
This is perhaps the best image of a lioness in B&W I've ever seen. A nice tribute to the photographer.

Satish Ranadive
08-25-2016, 12:00 AM
Andre,
I agree ,this is one of the best image of lioness in B&W. Love the image in #6,since you have reduced the negative space quite a bit.
Excellent details and nice expressions by Lioness.

Regars,
Satish.