PDA

View Full Version : The Sea

Adhika Lie
06-24-2016, 10:35 AM
I tried something different at the beach and this might be one of the more successful one. Pan blur shot at 200mm, f/22, 1/15sec, ISO200. Cropped a sliver from the top and bottom. On hindsight should have used an ND filter rather than stopping down to f/22. Cleaned up a tons of dust bunnies as a result. I used the structure slider in Viveza to bring out some clarity on the wave's texture.

Diane Miller
06-24-2016, 09:34 PM
Nice -- coming from one who can rarely get a blur I like. Love the horizontal layers. Backlight thru the waves is awesome! Maybe a gradient darkening of the FG??

Glennie Passier
06-25-2016, 08:45 PM
OK Adhika! This is very nice. You have inspired me enough to post a wave shot. But maybe over in the ETL.

Love the zig zag/horizontal lines...and as Diane has said..the light through the wave and the swirling sand within is lovely.

Rachel Hollander
06-26-2016, 07:44 AM
Hi Adhika - I too like this a lot. Blurs can be fun to do but I have not tried one of the ocean. I like all the different colors coming through and the seemingly different directions of movement. You might want to consider posting this in OOTB as well.

TFS,
Rachel

Don Railton
06-26-2016, 11:09 PM
Hi Adhika

I like the layers and the colours.. I would try a little NR also..

DON

Adhika Lie
06-27-2016, 04:01 PM
Thanks everyone!

Don, definitely. I haven't done any NR on this one but you are right, the structure slider does bring out the noise.

Andrew McLachlan
07-03-2016, 06:51 PM
Very nice blur Adhika...I love the various tones and the way they are divided throughout the comp...nice work!!!

Arthur Morris
07-09-2016, 03:01 PM
Love the colors and I am one of the original blur lovers. Yes to a 3- or 5-stop ND. For the repost I cropped a bit off the bottom and added a bit of motion blur. You could have duplicated that by panning horizontally a bit in the field. In addition, I boosted the Vibrance a bit.

a