PDA

View Full Version : Eagle has landed...Bataleur, Kalahari.

Andre Pretorius
06-22-2016, 03:07 PM
Image captured at Cubitje Quap, Kgalagadi.
Bataleuer coming in to drink.

Nikon D3S with 500F4
1/2500 @ F8
ISO 1400
+2/3 EV

Isaac Grant
06-22-2016, 07:03 PM
This is such a great image. I only saw one Bataleur when I was in South Africa. Need to go back. I love the raised wings and the sand coming up which shows the large bird coming in for a landing. Details look good and I like the background that shows the birds habitat well. Being insanely picky the head angle could be a bit better so we have a better view of the face. Also the horizon line on under the left wing is much higher than under the right wing. Not sure if a hill starts under the left wing but it gives me an impression that it is not level. Just minor issues for sure on such a great image.

christopher galeski
06-23-2016, 01:47 AM
Nice capture Andre,like the touch down and kicked up sand,good detail and POV.TFS.

Arthur Morris
06-23-2016, 08:17 PM
Love the mean look on the bird's face and the kicked up sand. This one has lots of impact! SH and EXP perfect as well.

a

Loi Nguyen
06-27-2016, 06:45 PM
Hi Andre, lucky you to see the Bataleuer eagle up close. Great composition, hea and wing positions. Looks like it was an overcast sky as the image seems a little flat to me. not sure if a bit more contrast would help. Loi