PDA

View Full Version : stopped for the night

Dennis Bishop
06-22-2016, 02:28 PM
If you don't recognize the sign from the portion showing in the upper right, its reflection might help. But what about the car? Rounded off to the nearest five, it was built 60 years ago. The car and the sign are together in the Henry Ford Museum. The building isn't really there. It's a modification that started with some unrelated things in the background that were processed to be somewhat consistent with the reflections on the tailfin. (The reflections are likely from skylights in the roof of the real building.)

iPhone 5s, PureShot camera app, ISO 400, three-exposure HDR at 2 EV increments

processing highlights

Topaz Simplify -- saved watercolor preset
Alien Skin Snap Art -- saved watercolor wash preset, Hard Light blend mode
Fractalius (Topaz Glow still not working) -- three saved black-on-white presets; Multiply, Divide, Multiply
Simplify and Snap Art -- saved black-on-white edges presets, Multiply
Alien Skin Exposure -- vignette
Nik Color Efex -- Glamour Glow
The border was built from four layers (three of them rounded rectangles), many layer effects, and blurring. Reluctantly, I tamed it with reduced opacity and a Hue/Saturation adjustment layer clipped to the layer group.

Cheryl Slechta
06-24-2016, 09:30 AM
Great image, Dennis. I like that border a lot as well as your stellar processing! I would like this also with just the car:S3:

Mitch Carucci
06-24-2016, 02:31 PM
Great image & great car...Is that an Imperial?

Nancy Bell
06-24-2016, 04:14 PM
A great nostalgic image! The border makes me think of a neon light, perfect for attracting attention! Maybe a Howard Johnson's motel?

Dennis Bishop
06-24-2016, 04:36 PM
Thanks, Cheryl, Mitch, and Nancy. The border is supposed to be a neon light; it looked a lot more like one before I toned it down. Not a Howard Johnson's. And not an Imperial, but that's reasonably close. The model year was 1957.

Arthur Morris
07-13-2016, 08:03 AM
Love the image design and the painterly look.

a