PDA

View Full Version : Ursa`s Path

Luis Patacao
06-22-2016, 11:44 AM

In the surroundings of Sintra, close to Lisbon, there are several beautiful beaches. One of theses beaches is Ursa, located close to Cabo da Roca, this beach is a must see while visiting Lisbon.

Because of the specific weather of Sintra`s region (micro clime) the sunsets are often dull because of the low clouds and mainly unpredictable. In this day the sun worked with me i was able to make the picture.

What are your thoughts on this?

Techs:

NIKON D7000 10mm ƒ/13 1/3s ISO 100

Don Railton
06-22-2016, 11:19 PM
Hi Luis

I would slice a little off the top and maybe brighten the FG just a little..?

DON

Morkel Erasmus
06-23-2016, 11:35 AM
A lovely scene here, and thanks for describing the location and conditions as well Luis.
I agree with Don - slice a little bit off the top and brighten the foreground? I would perhaps add some midtone contrast overall as well.

Don Lacy
06-23-2016, 02:22 PM
Wonderful scene Luis I agree with taking a tad off the top about the foreground I had to switch from the black skin to a white one to read your comments and with the white skin it looked a little dark when I switched back to my preferred black skin for BPN the foreground looked about right. So I would probably brighten it a bit since I don't think it hurts the image.

Luis Patacao
06-23-2016, 04:39 PM
Thanks for the feedback Don Railton, Morkel and Don Lacy. I do agree on brightening the fg as soon as i uploaded the picture and it did seemed a bit dark. As for the slice of the top i`m not that sure, i really like the lightened clouds on the top :)

Here is the repost:

Adhika Lie
06-23-2016, 08:35 PM
The FG in the repost is beautiful, Luis. I also would prefer the top to end with the blue rather than with the light cloud. I really like you did not cut the rock in the BG with the horizon.

Rachel Hollander
06-26-2016, 07:52 AM
Hi Luis - A lovely scene and I like the inclusion of the path as it sort of leads the eyes through the image. The fg in the rp is much better. I too would take some off the top if it were mine.

TFS,
Rachel

Andrew McLachlan
07-03-2016, 06:48 PM
A lovely scene Luis, made better by the repost with the brightened foreground :)