PDA

View Full Version : Theme Buffalo Brigade !!

haseeb badar
06-22-2016, 07:18 AM
Hello everyone !

Thanks for your comments on my previous post .

Here is another one for this months theme . would love to know what you people think . This image is taken at Amboseli,Kenya. It was a cloudy morning and the great Kilimanjaro was well covered by the clouds only to peek slightly when this herd of AB's were moving towards the swamps . I saw this line of AB's from a moving vehicle and then positioned as well as we could to quickly capture this scene against the slightly visible Mt.Kilimanjaro before it disappeared again .

Cropped from bottom nearly 40% rest of the sides are kept intact .

used the filter in CS 6 for the Mt and the cloud cover , had pictured a monochrome version originally and went overexposed to get a distinct line of AB's against the backdrop.

Canon 1D MK IV , Canon 70-200mm f2.8 IS II @70mm,HH

SS 1/500 , f/9, iso 800

CS6 , DPP4, Levels, gradient filter in ACR, brightness and contrast .

All your C&C's are most welcome.

Also please go through the link of my previous post , would love to get your opinion on the RP which I have done based on your suggestions . here is the link
http://www.birdphotographers.net/forums/showthread.php/135768

Gabriela Plesea
06-22-2016, 11:00 AM
Lovely Theme image, very well done Haseeb!

This works for me, it is a stunning animalscape! Wonderful scenery, very picturesque, nice 3D feel here with the animals in the FG.
I like everything about this, well processed and presented and so aesthetically pleasing, thank you so much for sharing:cheers:

Will have a look at your RP now-now:w3

Kind regards,

Morkel Erasmus
06-23-2016, 11:36 AM
I love this, Haseeb! :5
I do think you can tease a bit more tonal contrast out of Kili? Depends on what you want to emphasise I suppose?

Rachel Hollander
06-23-2016, 10:28 PM
Hi Haseeb - Very nice high key animalscape. The comp works. If it were mine I think I would try for the snow on Kili to be the brightest area rather than the sky. My thinking is snow is whiter than a muted, cloudy sky. Just a suggestion to play with.

TFS,
Rachel

Steve Kaluski
06-25-2016, 11:03 AM
Hi Haseeb, perhaps one of you best images, I really like it, the composition and overall capture works.

I do agree a bit more tone to create more depth & layering, perhaps also a sliver more at the foot if you have it, but overall, nicely done.

Not sure if this helps, as I feel this can be very subjective and also in what you see on the monitor too.

TFS
Steve

Andreas Liedmann
06-26-2016, 02:59 AM
Hi Haseeb , this works so well , love it , and agree from the artsy POV your best so far :5:c3:
Well done in the field and prepared for the show :bg3:

Great composition and i like the tones in the OP , i would remove the tree line in the LRC .... if that works for you :S3:

Overall very nicely done ... TFS Andreas

Andre Pretorius
06-26-2016, 08:56 AM
Well done, Haseeb!

Well spotted and executed.
Steve's RP with bit more tonal contrast on clouds works for me.
Ever thought of taking a bit of the top to make it Pano?

haseeb badar
06-27-2016, 03:50 AM
Thank you everyone !!

I liked the RP by Steve , the Mt. looks more appealing now .

@ Andre : The Pano version too looks very nice , it was just a matter of taste .