PDA

View Full Version : On Blueberry Hill

Nancy Bell
06-21-2016, 04:06 PM
Last week I picked blueberries at one of those you-pick-it places. In spite of keeping the blueberries in the refrigerator all weekend, this perfectly fine plant bug tumbled into my cereal bowl along with the berries. I arranged some blueberries in my little studio white box and let this bug crawl around for pictures. You can see from the size of the blueberries this is a small critter. Arranging blueberries is a bit like stacking balls, they keep rolling around :e3. I would have liked one more blueberry filling that notch behind the bug.

Canon 5D Mark III, Canon macro 100mm f.28, Canon macro twin flash ETTL at 0 setting, tripod, 1/125, f16, ISO 100

John Robinson
06-22-2016, 03:51 AM
Thats a good one Nancy ! Love the texture of the fruit too, and nice positioning. Maybe remove the red blob ??

Fats Domino would love it !!
John

Jonathan Ashton
06-22-2016, 11:08 AM
Love the contrast and the colours, the bug (stink bug of some kind is my guess) is in a great pose. the flash has worked well, you chose angles that did not result in too much reflection coming off the bug.

MiroslavMaric
06-23-2016, 02:38 AM
Like the frame & combination of color and subjects :S3:. Well done, it looks great. Agree with John about red blob & I guess the flash light is a bit harsh. TFS.

Nancy Bell
06-24-2016, 04:26 PM
Thanks all. I wasn't sure of the brown blob, it is the bottom of a blueberry.