PDA

View Full Version : Theme Aggression

Andreas Liedmann
06-20-2016, 12:50 PM
Hi folks i managed another frame in terms of processing ....
Again an old one from South Georgia .... Elephant seal bull displaying his form of telling another bull to step aside .
Image taken under very foggy conditions and a bit overexposed ... so thought this might fit to this month theme .

Canon EOS 1 D MK IV
EF 500 IS L
Tripod

F 5,6 ; Iso 2000 ; 1/1600 sec ; man exp

Processed with DPP 4 and PS CC ; cropped for comp from all sides slightly

Thanks for looking and commenting to my previous posting , much appreciated

Cheers Andreas

Gabriela Plesea
06-21-2016, 01:31 PM
Hallo Andreas,

A wonderful Theme image with a rather mean but somewhat comical pose from the subject - I like this very much, Boetie!

Subdued colours (to some extent), I see with great delight you practiced some restraint. Still loads of detail and wonderful patterns on the fur, superb POV emphasising the size of this magnificent Elephant Seal. A tad of grey and some sand (or maybe water droplets?) at the bottom of the frame - very nice touch:)

Love your PP work here, very thoughtful. The environment is in nice contrast with this rather "dark" character, figuratively speaking. Subject well exposed. The result is a very pleasing image with an almost seamless white BG, overexposed but not too bright... Oh yes, this works for me Andreas, please let us have some more!

Warmest regards,

Morkel Erasmus
06-21-2016, 11:30 PM
I like this, Andreas. Great expression and fine details here.
The high key works, looks like he's caught in a snow blizzard :5

haseeb badar
06-22-2016, 07:21 AM
Hi Andreas -- This is one of the best so far for this months theme in my opinion . You have managed to get lovely details and the expression is priceless and very nicely framed as well. This completely works for me .

TFS !

Andre Pretorius
06-22-2016, 11:41 AM
Hi Andreas

Stunning image with striking POV!
Love the BG with still a hint of detail on bottom.
Just enough contrast, eye goes to reds in mouth and eye.
He seems to be towering over the photographer, but is focussing on his nose!
Nice one!

Rachel Hollander
06-23-2016, 10:25 PM
Hi Andreas - This works very well as a high key theme image. I like the subtle tones of the seal and the lower than usual contrast :S3:. It gives me some ideas from my trip where thermal steam is the background.

TFS,
Rachel

Steve Kaluski
06-25-2016, 10:47 AM
Hi Andreas, I very much like the species and the capture. I just personally would have liked more of the eye rather than the blood shalt part, however...

Tech wise, to me it doesn't quite match to your 'usual' standard, it just does not appear sharp, crisp with detail/depth and the mouth looks lightened??

TFS
Steve

Andreas Liedmann
06-26-2016, 02:53 AM
Thanks so much folks for your kind comments , much appreciated .
Steve ..... techwise i wanted to go this route :S3: .... the mouth is not lightened separately . I mage was taken already in HK , so i lifted the whole exp a bit more to push the histogram to the right even more in post .
I am with you regarding the crispness and sharpness ..... the image was taken under very foggy conditions .... you know what that means :bg3: ... could not be a pin sharp image to begin with :w3
the same with the detail and depth , hope this helps to illustrate my point .

Thanks again and cheers Andreas