Sundew
D7100- medium quality
Sigma 50 mm macro
100 ISO
25th sec @f5
7 Stacked images
Combine ZP Pyramid stack
70% of full frame.
Ron- Tried pyramid stack on this. Takes longer to process on my limited gear.
Cheers
John

Ron Conlon
06-19-2016, 12:12 PM
Just imagine the time to process one hundred 36 megapixel images ;) I make sure the laptop is situated so that won't overheat and go do something else. And that with a recent pro-type laptop with a solid state drive (which I imagine helps--you might get a boost with a faster drive, because I imagine there is a lot of writing/reading to disk for this. I think ssd's are reasonably priced). I lust for more computing power, but the next step up has some sticker shock.

This is a wonderful subject for pyramid method, I wonder how it compares to the depth map stack. The sprout on the left has to go, sorry. Perhaps a little too contrasty though, as I suggest in the other thread, making the input into the stacking software lower contrast/less-sharp will give you more control--one can always apply sharpening to the stack if necessary.

Jonathan Ashton
06-20-2016, 02:59 AM
Very eye catching image. If you check the histogram you will see the point I previously made about the the colours being over saturated and the contrast is high, the darks are a little dark and the brights are a little bright.
I have never seen so many flies caught by a sundew at any one time. The subject is super, unfortunately the processing lets the image down.

John Robinson
06-20-2016, 12:06 PM
Thanks
Took many with different BGs but liked this one with the contrast showing the interesting parts of the plant. Will post some moe when I ger around to it.
Ron- I,m affraid my resources are at the limit and ther will be no chance of new gear of any sort at the moment. All it means is that Combine ZP with normal stacking will be about the limit of my capabilities. They sometimes come out Ok and look fine projected on a projector in a lecture theatre so that will have to do for now.
Cheers
John

Nancy Bell
06-21-2016, 03:41 PM
Sundew makes for a fascinating subject! A few less overlapping plants would make it easier to concentrate on those cool sticky features. I do love how those sticky drops glisten. Is it possible to get close enough to actually see the individual flies that are captured?

John Robinson
06-22-2016, 03:49 AM
Will do Nancy. Waiting for a decent fly !
John

Satish Ranadive
09-14-2016, 06:25 AM
Excellent image,John. Congratulations.

Regards,
Satish.