PDA

View Full Version : Breakfast time!

Michael Thompson
06-17-2016, 08:31 AM
The dad Red-Necked Grebe is bringing some fresh sushi for the Western Grebe chicks. Canon 7Dll, 100-400ll at 300mm, 1/1000ss, 640 iso

Joseph Przybyla
06-17-2016, 08:34 AM
Lovely tender image of a family group. I like the low POV, perfect background, good head angles on all. Thank you for sharing, Michael.

stuart wanuck
06-17-2016, 09:19 AM
just a great interactive image.tells a great story

Daniel Cadieux
06-17-2016, 11:16 AM
That is too sweet. I love how the top chick looks quite eager for the meal. Nice intimate view with the low angle. The only that could have been better, and that is way out of anyone's control, is to have the fish's head pointing this way rather than away. It does not take away of a fantastic family dinner portrait.

Diane Miller
06-17-2016, 02:44 PM
What a wonderful catch!! Perfect low angle -- it feels like I am right there, looking from the viewpoint of another grebe!

I'm not a birder, so I wonder about the Red-necked vs. Western designation... is this an adopted family? Or is she the nanny?

William Dickson
06-17-2016, 06:24 PM
Fabulous capture Michael. You must feel proud, capturing this moment. I love the details throughout and the wee ones stretching over. Well done and TFS

Will

Ron Conlon
06-17-2016, 06:44 PM
Wow! The interaction and gazes are wonderful.

Michael Thompson
06-17-2016, 08:52 PM
What a wonderful catch!! Perfect low angle -- it feels like I am right there, looking from the viewpoint of another grebe!

I'm not a birder, so I wonder about the Red-necked vs. Western designation... is this an adopted family? Or is she the nanny?

You are not a birder?!:Whoa!: I thought we all are here:cheers: I don't know how they ended up with the new parents, there is one of their own chicks on board too, just not showing in this photo. I did a google search and found nothing. my guess is that there is a lot of nesting Western Grebes in the area, and they have a mix up sometimes.

~MT