PDA

View Full Version : Red Trio

John Cooper
06-11-2008, 10:00 PM
This trio was growing in a dense, dark rainforest.

EOS 5, Canon 100mm macro, ISO 50, Flash x2, F22, Tripod.

David Steele
06-11-2008, 11:18 PM
An amazing image, John especially composition- and lighting-wise but a little more 'breathing' space at the bottom would have made it really stand out. How do you find all these mushrooms?

John Cooper
06-12-2008, 01:12 AM
An amazing image, John especially composition- and lighting-wise but a little more 'breathing' space at the bottom would have made it really stand out. How do you find all these mushrooms?

Hi David - many thanks for all your comments. Locating these little gems requires a bit of foot-work trudging around rainforests - but probably not a lot of opportunity in your neck of the woods :D
Surprising though how many bush-walkers look but don't see!!

Mike Moats
06-12-2008, 05:07 AM
Hey John, very nice group, and the light and BG are great. Good sharp details on the fungi.

Gus Cobos
06-12-2008, 06:35 AM
Great composition John. I like the contrast and color combination between the subject and the background...:cool:

Mike Gallo
06-12-2008, 08:05 AM
A perfect setting, I like the light areas under the center and left mushroom heads

Stephen Stephen
06-12-2008, 12:01 PM
Very nice John. I love the lighting.

John could you, and some of the other experts, offer some advice and tips (or a link) on photographing fungi? I'm thinking in particular about lighting, flash/non-flash, DOF and composition. Perhaps there's already something here on BPN that I've missed?

Thanks. :D

Fabs Forns
06-12-2008, 12:59 PM
Great illumination, you did an excellent job, and the compo is great too.

John Cooper
06-12-2008, 09:07 PM
Very nice John. I love the lighting.

John could you, and some of the other experts, offer some advice and tips (or a link) on photographing fungi? I'm thinking in particular about lighting, flash/non-flash, DOF and composition. Perhaps there's already something here on BPN that I've missed?

Thanks. :D

Hi Stephen, Many thanks for your comments and enquiry on photographing fungi.
I would be happy to contribute an article on this topic - I suppose the moderators, Mike Moats or Robert O'toole would need to request/approve such a move.