PDA

View Full Version : Lightbox Multiples

Cheryl Slechta
06-15-2016, 08:30 PM
I've been going through images since 2012 and trying to free up space on my computer. I found a set of images I had done on my light box in 2012. I had taken individual petals from a plumbago and placed them on the box. For this image I took 4 different files, stacked them on top of each other blending with soft light and rotating each one slightly. I finished it off by using Spherize, then Topaz Clean. It was fun and alleviated the boredom of computer clean-up:S3: I know it's a little tight on the right but it was a quickie. (no excuse but I was feeling guilty about getting off track on my computer cleaning project)

Dennis Bishop
06-16-2016, 08:36 AM
Clever idea! And well executed. It does the guide-the-eyes-in-a-circle thing, and it's nicely grounded because of the darker tones toward the bottom.

I don't know that I've ever seen a plumbago at all, let alone in bloom. It must be a beautiful display. I just wish it didn't sound so much like lower back pain. :S3:

Gabriela Plesea
06-16-2016, 01:55 PM
Dear Cheryl,

Thank you so much for sharing this, I actually have a few plumbago bushes in my garden:) It is an incredibly stubborn plant that shoots everywhere! But it does produce the most beautiful blue flowers throughout the year:)

I am completely unfamiliar with the software you mentioned above, what grabs me in particular is your capability of producing - or rather extracting - so many nuances of blue. Lovely patterns on the petals! I would have perhaps liked a cleaner BG...On the other hand, I think I spent way too many hours away from this Forum and must learn to unwind a little, please be patient with me as I get out of my box:)
Love this, feeling inspired right now as I am viewing, thank you so much for sharing:cheers:

Warmest regards,

Judy Howle
06-16-2016, 11:30 PM
I have never seen a plumbago. It must be beautiful! I love what you did with it, very creative!

Nancy Bell
06-17-2016, 12:36 PM
Cheryl, I thought you had carefully pulled the individual blossoms from a hydrangea flower for this! So I looked up Plumbago and discovered it is native to South Africa and only can survive in similar conditions here in the US, mostly Texas and Florida. The blue color is gorgeous! I need to carefully dissect your technique in my mind, but the result is so very cool! Funny, I just pulled my light box out and started to use it again.