PDA

View Full Version : angry female northern harrier

Bob Smith
06-15-2016, 07:08 PM
162977Walking through the marsh I must have wandered too close to this gals nest because she circled and swooped around me for several minutes until I left. 7DII, EF 100-400 f/4.5-5.6 IS MII @ 176mm, ISO 500, f/5.6, 1/1600, HH<script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/73085f7/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script><script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/73085f7/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script>

Randy Stout
06-16-2016, 07:05 AM
Bob:

She does look a bit peeved! Great eye contact, open beak, flared primaries.

The lighting angle makes the underwing area a challenge, but good side lighting on her face.

I wonder why she got so upset. Could there have been a nest in the area?

Cheers

Randy

Bob Smith
06-17-2016, 12:01 PM
There must surely have been a nest in the area Randy, so I didn't stay in the vicinity for very long. This female kept circling me so I got shots at all sun angles and even some with the marsh as BG when she swooped down but this one had the best lit eyes/face with the beak open and screeching. Many others had better feather detail so I'll put one in a second thread.<script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/d43da9fa/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script>