PDA

View Full Version : Early Morning Light at Halfway Log Dump

Andrew McLachlan
06-15-2016, 06:43 PM
Here is another image from my recent trip to Ontario's Bruce Peninsula National Park. Shortly after creating the sunrise image in my previous post I headed north along the rugged shoreline to explore some wide angle scenes at first light.

Nikon D800
Nikon 18-35mm lens @ 30mm
ISO 100
f16 @ 1/6 sec
Nikon Neutral Polarizing Filter

Look forward to comments and suggestions.

Don Railton
06-15-2016, 11:13 PM
Hi Andrew

Beautiful light and nicely processed.. Composition wise i think i see what you were trying to do with the headland, but for me the big FG rock is a bit too dominant.. I think i would have prefered a little more of the beach on the left..

regards

DON

Luis Patacao
06-17-2016, 05:29 AM
Hi Andrew, Very good light that gives a feeling a calm and serenity. I do agree with Don regarding the composition as the FG rock is too present and does not balance the picture.

IMO, perhaps playing with the shore line could have given a more appealing scene.

Adhika Lie
06-17-2016, 08:52 PM
Beautiful light, Andrew! I agree with Don that the FG does look a little dominant in this frame, I think the previous photo from this place is a much more well composed presentation of this place. Anyway, 30mm is a very interesting choice of focal length. I have shot with 28 and 35mm lenses (full frame) before and strangely have no keepers with those focal length. Sold both lenses recently and have not had too much interest in getting any lenses in that focal range anymore.

Don Lacy
06-23-2016, 02:34 PM
Hi Andrew, Ad me to the to the to dominate brigade I think it would have worked better ar 20mm or less. Wonderful light by the way

Rachel Hollander
06-26-2016, 08:00 AM
Hi Andrew - Gorgeous morning light but unfortunately, I find myself agreeing with the others on the dominance of the fg rock.

TFS,
Rachel

Andrew McLachlan
07-03-2016, 06:29 PM
Thanks so mush for the comments and suggestions folks...I do have a wider angle view with the rock a little less dominant...will process the image file and post soon.