PDA

View Full Version : Green!

Steve Maxson
06-15-2016, 09:21 AM
A half-grown Gray Treefrog (they can turn from gray to green) on a bracken fern. The vegetation is this green for only a few weeks in late May - early June here in northern Minnesota. The treefrogs often sit motionless on a green leaf during the day and it takes a trained eye to spot them. 1D X, 100 mm macro, 1/125, f/10, ISO 3200, AF, hand held, natural light, nr on the background. All comments are welcome and appreciated.

John Robinson
06-15-2016, 12:53 PM
I like frogs Steve and I like this. Some could say theres a green cast !!!!!. Its only a very minor nit - but if only the frog was looking left into the shot (That is a nit !)
Good stuff
John

Nancy Bell
06-15-2016, 03:19 PM
Great camouflage! My eye goes first to the thin brown stalks in the center, then over to the green frog on the green fern, only because I know I am looking for something. Love that the frog is so well matched to the background, and that your image includes lots of the bright green fern to fully appreciate the camouflage effect.

Jerry van Dijk
06-16-2016, 02:23 PM
Great capture Steve, very well spotted and very well executed. It's too bad that there are a few brown stalks hanging on the fern leaf, but nevertheless a spectacular image IMO.

Jonathan Ashton
06-16-2016, 03:37 PM
Excellent colour rendition and fine details - high quality image, the frog is nicely positioned, he seems a flat little fellow so I doubt if he could really be portrayed in a manner where you see his face effectively - unless he suddenly say up but I would imagine that is not in his nature. I agree about the dried bits - a little unfortunate, but it is a different image and cause me to look at it more than once.