ISO Speed 400
Auto ISO Speed OFF
Lens EF180mm f/3.5L Macro USM +1.4x
Focal Length 252.0mm
Flash On
Flash Type External Flash Ring flash: E-TTL flash metering
E-TTL II flash metering Evaluative flash metering
Flash Exposure Compensation -1
I processed this one using ACR as opposed to DPP4, on refection I think I should have used a little less fill in say -1.66 which is what I would normally do.

Adhika Lie
06-13-2016, 01:06 PM
Hm, is it just me or is the image has some motion blur, Jon? Other than that, it's a nice duotone image. I really like the simplicity, I would probably clone out the two tall grass on the left side of the frame.

Allen Sparks
06-13-2016, 02:01 PM
Hi Jon,
I like the perch and colors - subject offers good contrast versus BG. I was thinking the top wing wasn't quite sharp also.
Allen

John Robinson
06-13-2016, 02:33 PM
Yes I would go with the previous comments somewhat. Hard to describe but its kind of fuzzy(can't think of a word !)
As a matter of interest the plantain flower reminded me about the filaments on the one of mine I posted recently.I had an e mail pointing out the fact that sawtooth edges came from the very nature of square pixels on a screen. The only lines without them are vertical or horizontal. I should have realised. A diagonal line cannot have a clean edge.
Cheers
JohnR

Jerry van Dijk
06-13-2016, 02:40 PM
Agree with the comments above, although it seems more of a problem on the perch than on the butterfly. Shutterspeed is a bit tricky with this combo, but it may be a direct result of the TC too. I'd crop a little from the top to eliminate that small blue blob of sky.

Jonathan Ashton
06-14-2016, 08:47 AM
Thanks for the comments everyone much appreciated, I have reviewed the raw at 100% I think the problem is a lack of DOF, I would have been better off just using the lens without TC, I was curious to see how this camera performed using it.