PDA

View Full Version : It's a Plane...It's a Bird...It's Superman!

Marina Scarr
06-06-2016, 07:13 PM
Photographed this eastern screech owlet in a longleaf pine nest cavity checking out an airplane passing overhead. It's amazing how well owls blend in with their environment...which is why they are so difficult to find.

I am curious as to your views on what I consider a different take on an owl.

Canon 1D4, Canon 500L & 2.0 TC @ 1000mm
F9, 1/125sec, ISO 1250, manual mode
Feisol tripod, Jobu head

Thank you in advance for your thoughtful comments and critiques.

Lorant Voros
06-06-2016, 07:25 PM
I had to look at this one for a while to find out what is going on and I find it a very interesting shot for this reason. The chick looks like part of the tree and the eye almost looks like part of the BG. Love it. I a sure you will be returning to this spot, Marina. Thank you for sharing.

Michael Thompson
06-06-2016, 07:35 PM
WOW, great find! They are so hard to see, and this image does a great job of telling why! Nice natural perch, great background, I would love to see more of the eye.

keith mitchell
06-07-2016, 03:31 AM
Picture tells the story you wonder what the little guy as seen,just enough of the eye showing ,it's the sort of image I like Marina.

Keith.

David Salem
06-07-2016, 08:05 AM
What a great find for you Marina. I like the pose and the BG a lot and the details look nice and sharp. A good looking different frame of this cute little guy. Looking forward to some more of your other owl images:w3

Glenn Conlan
06-08-2016, 06:25 PM
This is very interesting makes you want to see more! The side view makes it special