PDA

View Full Version : Red Dragonfly

ANIT MITRA
06-06-2016, 01:31 PM
Red Dragonfly at Gorumara National Park,West Bengal,India,May'2016.
Exif: Nikon D7000 + 420mm f/11,iso 1600, 1/60s,handheld and no flash.It's full frame shot..no crop..

John Robinson
06-06-2016, 02:50 PM
Thats a cool looking insect indeed ! Focussed where it matters good positioningand a nice BG.
Well done
JohnR

Jonathan Ashton
06-07-2016, 04:29 AM
Anit I like the image, I think the dragonfly left wing is sharp the body a little less so (plane of focus/shutter speed) I would suggest 1/60 sec at 420mm handheld is never going to give pin sharp results.
I would suggest modifying the background to make it less intrusive, I have made a version for you to consider - it may of course not be to your tast that is fine but I think a less intensely saturated background would help. I desaturated and modified the Hue slightly.

ANIT MITRA
06-07-2016, 04:41 AM
Anit I like the image, I think the dragonfly left wing is sharp the body a little less so (plane of focus/shutter speed) I would suggest 1/60 sec at 420mm handheld is never going to give pin sharp results.
I would suggest modifying the background to make it less intrusive, I have made a version for you to consider - it may of course not be to your tast that is fine but I think a less intensely saturated background would help. I desaturated and modified the Hue slightly.

Thanks for the comments & suggestions with the attachment. And I like it after watching my prev. side by side...

ANIT MITRA
06-07-2016, 07:33 AM
Thats a cool looking insect indeed ! Focussed where it matters good positioningand a nice BG.
Well done
JohnR

Thanks Sir for your valuable input...
Regards
Anit Mitra

Diane Miller
06-07-2016, 05:45 PM
Lovely dragonfly. I like Jonathan's suggestion about the BG. Also good advice on shooting. (Don't know what color the dragonfly should be.) If whites could be reduced on the perch it would also add a bit.