PDA

View Full Version : Chives

Anita Bower
06-05-2016, 06:08 AM
Taken in my garden.
Olympus E-M5 MarkII, 60mm, f2.8, ISO 320, 1/250, tripod.

Ron Conlon
06-06-2016, 11:36 AM
Nice diagonals, repeating elements and pleasing colors. Perhaps if the most prominent oof flower were a little higher and to the left (if you could have moved to the left and down) giving it a little separation...

Anita Bower
06-06-2016, 03:12 PM
Nice diagonals, repeating elements and pleasing colors. Perhaps if the most prominent oof flower were a little higher and to the left (if you could have moved to the left and down) giving it a little separation...
You make a good point about needing some separation between the flowers. Thanks! In my (weak) defense, I was trying not to step on the Sage and Rosemary as I took this photo.

Anita Bower
06-06-2016, 03:24 PM
Is this an improvement?

Ron Conlon
06-06-2016, 03:25 PM
Ha! I used to use a Nikon D5100 for shots like this which I loved because it has an articulated screen, like your olympus seems to have--do you use that to focus/compose with liveview? It helped me in minimizing the damage to the innocent bystanders (collateral damage?).

Anita Bower
06-06-2016, 03:27 PM
Ha! I used to use a Nikon D5100 for shots like this which I loved because it has an articulated screen, like your olympus seems to have--do you use that to focus/compose with liveview? It helped me in minimizing the damage to the innocent bystanders (collateral damage?).
Thanks for the reminder. I actually forget to use the articulated screen, but when I have remembered, it has been helpful. :-)

Ron Conlon
06-06-2016, 03:52 PM
the alternative frame has better positioning but the blur on the oof flower isn't quite as nice as in the original.

John Robinson
06-06-2016, 04:02 PM
Hi Anita
May I give my limited take on this one.?
First of all I w3ould eliminate the top left OOF item.
Move the whole central subject to the left if you can. I think this is a good example of where an OOF subject can really enhance a nearby one which is in focus, if you get my meaning .
Cheers
John

Anita Bower
06-06-2016, 07:47 PM
Hi Anita
May I give my limited take on this one.?
First of all I w3ould eliminate the top left OOF item.
Move the whole central subject to the left if you can. I think this is a good example of where an OOF subject can really enhance a nearby one which is in focus, if you get my meaning .
Cheers
John
I appreciate the suggestion. I just tried it and I like the results very much. A better image.

Jonathan Ashton
06-07-2016, 04:40 AM
I like it Anita, I agree with the suggestions too, here is my take, I have also subdued the background a little and reduced contrast here and there.

Anita Bower
06-07-2016, 05:22 AM
Jonathan: Your version makes the main flower pop! What did you do to "subdue" the bg? Thanks.

Diane Miller
06-07-2016, 05:57 PM
Good take to remove the OOF flower in the UL. Love the sharpness and detail on the main flower! Gorgeous colors, too.

Levitation would come in SO handy...