PDA

View Full Version : Putting the "spring" into Springbok!

Marc Mol
06-03-2016, 03:53 PM
This day old Springbok foal took no time in displaying it's healthy youth by pronking, in soft late afternoon light.

I love the quizzical look of mum in the BG!

Central Kalahari GR- Botswana. F/F Bean bag from front pax seat, curves, levels, TK adj's, slight levelling, PS CC & ACR.

<tbody>
Camera
NIKON D5

Lens
Nikkor 400mm f/2.8E FL VR

ISO

Focal Length
400.0 mm (400.0 mm in 35mm)

Aperture
f/5.6

Exposure Time
0.00063s (1/1600)

</tbody>

Cheers

Marc

Stuart Philpott
06-04-2016, 03:02 PM
Stunning Marc,and also remarkable to me at day old,ahh the wonder of it. I really like the descending line of out of focus folks running away to the right there is almost a puzzled look to be drawn from the first in line of those. Actually Marc I just started writing without reading your post properly (it' so enchanting),my apologies. But yes, without provocation I saw that too ,it's the head turn ?Thanks mate this simply made me smile. Our fawns are now and soon fingers crossed. Marc the only thing that slightly and I mean a slightly unsure of is the eye highlights of the little one,maybe it's because the skyline is broken by something ?

take care

stu

Rachel Hollander
06-05-2016, 05:57 AM
Hi Marc - Great timing and I love both the look the youngster is giving as well as the cocked head of mom. Amazing how long the legs look too. Nice sharpness. I just wish for a little more room at the top. Also, there's some magenta and blue in the whites of the boks that I would remove if it were mine.

TFS,
Rachel

Andre Pretorius
06-05-2016, 07:31 AM
Hi Marc

Love the action captured and that the bokkie is facing you.
Agree to bring down Sat on blues and magentas.
Boy, they can be like springs!

Marc Mol
06-05-2016, 08:54 AM
Appreciate the comments everyone, and good suggestions above,

my RP here with added top canvas and reduced a tad more of the already adj colour cast issue via an slight increase in selective WB warmth.

Gabriela Plesea
06-05-2016, 10:59 AM
Poing, poing, poing, I am loving this:bg3: I bet it was fun to watch and photograph, for me it certainly was a pleasure to view:)

Great DOF, feels as if this bokkie is about to jump off the screen. Lovely colours, lush greens all around. Good techs and you were quick to click that shutter at just the right time. Great pose from the little one.
I like your RP. I like just about everything in this frame, a well planned shot well executed and some nice PP work too - I thoroughly enjoyed viewing, this will keep me smiling the entire evening, thank you for sharing Marc:cheers:

Kind regards,

Marc Mol
06-05-2016, 03:33 PM
Thanks Gabriela

Good techs and you were quick to click that shutter at just the right time. Great pose from the little one.

One benefit of the D5's 12 fps is not just the increased frame rate, but it provides the photographer with just the extra possibility that we may find just the right position and pose. :w3

haseeb badar
06-06-2016, 07:27 AM
Hi Marc -- I guess you will never seize to amaze me , you produce amazing images one after another . This one is absolutley brilliant in terms of quality as well as the composition. Your RP has sorted out the main issue with this image . But a wonderful image .

TFS !

keith mitchell
06-08-2016, 10:43 AM
The way you have caught this Marc is simply amazing,my only little problem I can't take my eye off the jumper,agree a wonderful image.

Keith.

D. Robert Franz
06-08-2016, 12:04 PM
Well done great timing capture this! Fine image