Exposure Compensation 0
ISO Speed 800
Auto ISO Speed ON
Lens EF100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS II USM
Focal Length 220.0mm
All comments welcome

William Dickson
06-03-2016, 03:04 PM
Love it Jon. Fantastic colours, and contrast. Nice detail and I love the pose. Love the BG, is that a cam net :S3:

Will

keith mitchell
06-03-2016, 03:30 PM
Now Jon your showing off:S3: I do like this action shot ,good colour and detail and nothing in the BG to distract,suppose it's asking to much to have a bit more at the top but a smashing shot you have captured.

Keith.

John Robinson
06-03-2016, 03:36 PM
Hi Jon
Good Jay take off. Maybe the bird could do with a round of usm if it will take it. I feel to be honest that the ivy seems out of place on such a stump. There seems to be something pale coloured inside the hollow . Is that a food tray?
Good pose whatever
John

Jonathan Ashton
06-04-2016, 02:16 AM
Thanks for the feedback, I had been waiting so long to post some images of jays, this is work in progress. I have my reservations over the background (too homogeneous) and it is possible that the pale item inside the log is a container of peanuts:w3 I forgot to check for it after the log had been repositioned to get the sunlight - again something easily remedied. I think the ivy helps break up the stark log though maybe more is required. I agree a little more canvas at the top may well improve the visual aspect, I have been trying to post images as close to actuality as possible - I did consider this.
I do not think for one minute the bird needs more sharpening or contrast. I plan to retry a similar set up in my own back garden, the jays deserted me perhaps they will return if they have hungry chicks to feed.

Ritesh Nangare
06-04-2016, 10:09 AM
Beautiful Take off pose withe incredible details and light...... love all aspect of the frame here.

TFS.