PDA

View Full Version : Mt. Olympus

dankearl
05-31-2016, 08:20 AM
Olympic national park, Washington state.

1/320, f11, 70mm (70-200) D610

800_9725bpn.jpg (http://www.birdphotographers.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=162582&stc=1&d=1464700787)

Gabriela Plesea
05-31-2016, 02:40 PM
Awesome scenery Dan, those mountains reaching up to the skies are superb! I see clearly what inspired you to spend some time here and capture this lovely scene.

Love the lush environment in the FG, this deep green lawn and vegetation on RHS of the frame give a sense of warmth, of life, in great contrast with the snow on the mountains. I really like the image design here, and especially the diagonal line starting at the lower left side of the frame but not quite in the corner. This leads me to the subjects peppered along the line, relaxed and grazing. A tranquil image yet one which encompasses a degree of energy, given the strong vertical line of the tall tree and steep mountain tops.

This is inspiring Dan, if I were to nitpick I would mention the two antelope grazing side by side at the centre of the frame, I would have liked some separation between them but I guess it was not possible. I truly enjoyed viewing, thank you so much for sharing, well seen and captured:cheers:

Kind regards,

haseeb badar
06-01-2016, 03:27 AM
Hi Dan -- a very picturesque frame ! beautiful colours and environment nicely seen and captured . I find the main subject is not having too much separation from the BG . I would have preferred a frame where it was in absolute clearing with only the mountains in its backdrop .

TFS !

Morkel Erasmus
06-05-2016, 02:15 PM
A nice view of the majestic scenery on offer at this spot, Dan.
I like the layers you included, but to me the tall tree on the RHS that's "cut off" at the top feels off, I'd have liked to see it included but think you didn't have a wider focal length available?
I agree with Gabriela on the antelope positions not being ideal. I also feel some of the highlights in the snow-capped peaks and sky might be borderline overexposed?