PDA

View Full Version : Ramonda myconi

John Robinson
05-30-2016, 04:41 AM
Ramonda
A rather choice alpine which has thrived in an old stone sink for 24 years !
D7100
Sigma 50mm macro
100 ISO
Camera medium quality.
125th @f5.6
7 Stacked images CZM
Tripod/remote
JohnR

Dave Johnson
05-30-2016, 08:27 AM
Lovely plant John! A nice composition and a really pleasing bkg to set it off. There are a few things which may improve it though. First, it looks a bit over sharpened, most noticeable on the hairs of the green leaves. There's a blob on the right next to the flower which could be removed and two oof parts, one in the foreground at the very bottom and the top right hand petal of the rear flower. Still like it though, TFS.

John Robinson
05-30-2016, 10:39 AM
Hi Dave
Thanks for commenting,Will sort out later.
Dustbunny- thought |I.d got it off the sensor- maybe not.
Blurred bit at bottom- no problem
Sharpening- No extra sharpening done,
Could be D7100 without the sensor filter- some said it would cause problems.
John

Nancy Bell
05-31-2016, 05:46 PM
Perky and colorful! Dave has some good suggestions. I like thinking about this growing for 24 years in an old stone sink!

Jonathan Ashton
06-01-2016, 10:31 AM
I like the image but get the impression the stack has worked in some areas but not others (top central flower especially). Can't you modify the sharpening, I am not currently using that software but I would have thought it was adjustable.

John Robinson
06-01-2016, 10:47 AM
Jon
Yes -I didn't use any extra.
You can stack without any at all- Easier to reduce it in camera if its on higher but I have it on normal.

Jonathan Ashton
06-01-2016, 10:58 AM
Jon
Yes -I didn't use any extra.
You can stack without any at all- Easier to reduce it in camera if its on higher but I have it on normal.

John I hate to say it buddy but really the last thing you want to be doing is in camera processing, I won't harp on again but if I could persuade you to use Lightroom or Photoshop Elements.........:w3 ok I 'll shut up now.