PDA

View Full Version : Home Decoration - 1DX2 at ISO-3200

Loi Nguyen
05-28-2016, 02:02 PM
Male Burrowing Owl bringing home some dunk to decorate the burrow and use it to attract insect.

1DX2
400 f4 DO II
1/4000
f7.1
ISO-3200
reduced exposure by -0.33EV in DPP 4.4.3, another -0.08EV in PS
HH
Cropped to about 40% of FF
Added a sliver of canvas to the left.

I continue to be amazed at the 1DX2. The noise is virtually non existent, so I decided not to do my usual NR of the BG.

Thank you for your comments on my previous image.

Loi

John Robinson
05-28-2016, 04:54 PM
Hi Loi

Interesting point about the object attracting flies etc. Common sense when you think about it.
Picture wise I would suggest droppingb the overall gamm a bit.( Maybe my monitor though )
Personal taste. Good stuff
Cheers
John

Raybel Robles
05-28-2016, 07:43 PM
Great image. Love the open wings pose by the Owl. Maybe a little more space at the bottom? I also noticed you mention you choose not to run NR on the BG, but honestly it was one of the first thing I meant to recommend, a bit of NR to the BG.

Tim Foltz
05-29-2016, 12:20 AM
Hello Loi,
Overall a nice action shot but a bit on the warm side, I don't know if you calibrate your monitor, but I would
cool it down a bit and add a little contrast and this would really pop.

-Tim

christopher galeski
05-29-2016, 01:32 AM
nice flight image,sme nice detail,the story of the dung it is carrying is interesting.TFS.

Randy Stout
05-29-2016, 07:20 AM
Loi:

excellent pose, nice light for my tastes, and very interesting behavior. Yikes. I thought it was bad when my shop cat drags in half eaten chipmunks for decoration and possibly late snacks.

On my 5K monitor the noise is visible but not objectionable. Everyone has a different tolerance for noise in the bg. Too many years of pushed Tri-x in my background I suspect.

I do feel it is a bit tight in the frame as mentioned, and a sliver more adjustment of the black slider while give it a bit more bite.

Cheers

Randy

keith mitchell
05-29-2016, 09:25 AM
Apart from perhaps just being a little darker for more punch I don't think it needs anything much,do like the outstretched wing pose ,until I read your comment did think it was it's own Owl cast that it was carrying.

Keith.

Loi Nguyen
05-29-2016, 11:51 AM
Thank you folks. I'm away from home now and will look at the noise and brightness when I get back. Loi

Ritesh Nangare
05-30-2016, 05:01 AM
Beautiful Light .... Lovely details on the focus part of the bird love the pose and the BG here ....

Great shot with some kind of catch i don't know what is that but it looks beautiful in the beak ...

TFS...

Loi Nguyen
05-30-2016, 06:20 PM
Thank you everyone. I'm home now and lookign ta the image on my Eizo ColorEdge 27", the noise is there, but as Randy said, not objectionable. May be at a larger print, then it is necessary. I also added a couple points of black and reduced the exposure a hair to darken the BG a little. Good suggestion. Colors are fine to me. It was early n the morning and the light is very warm at this location with much red and yellow. I laso added a hair more canvas. Hope you like it better. Thanks. Loi

Loi Nguyen
05-30-2016, 06:38 PM
Honestly I can't say I like the RP better from the brightness and adding the black. Now it looks a bit muted to me. Adding little more canvas and applying NR to the BG make the image more pleasing I think.

Gerhard Weldhagen
06-02-2016, 07:47 AM
Honestly I can't say I like the RP better from the brightness and adding the black. Now it looks a bit muted to me. Adding little more canvas and applying NR to the BG make the image more pleasing I think.
Repost looks better to me and the noise is not a problem. Excellent shot.

keith mitchell
06-02-2016, 11:35 AM
Must say I like the repost better.

Keith.

David Salem
06-04-2016, 02:51 PM
One of your best owl frames ever Loi. I like the repost too. Well done