PDA

View Full Version : Storm at Oxbow Bend

Roman Kurywczak
06-11-2008, 02:50 PM
Another scan from a while ago..........no settings available.......I was waiting at Oxbow bend with a billion other photographers when the clouds moved in...............everyone but me left........5 minutes later the sun broke through........I clicked away as one photographer was running back from his car...........by the time he arrived back.......the mini rainbow was gone along with the light. It's funny how in landscapes 1 minute of great light can make a day!
As always comments elcomed and appreciated.

Axel Hildebrandt
06-11-2008, 05:54 PM
Great light and composition, the little rainbow puts it over the top. Do you think it would be a good idea to lighten the dark area underneath the rainbow going to the left corner of the frame? Just wondering. :)

Gayle Clement
06-11-2008, 07:00 PM
So much to look at in this beautiful photo. I love the wonderful color and light. The rainbow is a real plus. I'm torn about the idea of lightening the dark area. Opening up those shadows might be nice but the shadows reinforce the transient nature of the light and rainbow.

gary rouleau
06-11-2008, 07:01 PM
Patience the first lesson in Nature photography -you won. Wonderful colours.

gary

Robert Amoruso
06-11-2008, 09:20 PM
Great composition Roman - spectacular light. I would vote for lightening up the dark are on the mountain some.

Paul Marcellini
06-11-2008, 09:58 PM
Oh yeah, never get impatient. Its burned me a few times. I wouldn't lighten the shadows. The detail isn't needed here and they help pop everything else. Great comp too.

Harold Davis
06-12-2008, 04:06 AM
love the colors. i dont mind the shadows. helps add a dimension i think. the rainbow is awesome!! too bad it was "low tide":) one thing that is bothering me is on the left frame. there is a gap in the treeline that keeps drawing my eye to it. a slight crop would fix that or maybe you could plant a tree there! note, it aint bothering me a lot!!

beautiful photo with a great feel!!

Gus Cobos
06-12-2008, 07:11 AM
Fantastic Roman,
I like the details and the bright colors. The rainbow give it the touch...congrats...:cool:

Vincent Grafhorst
06-12-2008, 01:06 PM
You are so right Roman! Great photo.

Grady Weed
06-13-2008, 09:40 PM
I agree with Paul and Gayle all the way. Leave it as is Roman. Outstanding.