Canon EOS 5D Mark II
Shooting Mode Aperture-Priority AE
Tv(Shutter Speed) 1/40
Av(Aperture Value) f6
Metering Mode Evaluative Metering
Exposure Compensation -0.67
ISO 800
Lens EF180mm f/3.5L Macro USM

This is one of my favourite wild flowers, this particular one is growing at the side of my garden pond.

Nancy Bell
05-22-2016, 04:56 PM
The bright pink and unusual shape of the flower petals make this very eye catching, and dramatic against the dark bkgd. If you consider pruning before hand you could have removed that front OOF stem going off into the left edge.

Jonathan Ashton
05-22-2016, 05:00 PM
The bright pink and unusual shape of the flower petals make this very eye catching, and dramatic against the dark bkgd. If you consider pruning before hand you could have removed that front OOF stem going off into the left edge.

Nancy there were buds on the LHS so I didn't want to prune:w3

John Robinson
05-23-2016, 04:57 AM
Nivce one. One of my favourites too. The dissappearing OOF swtem is a tad eye catching. The dark stem behind the pale green one looks a little strange, Were there two flower stems?
Pleasant shot whatever.
JohnR

Jonathan Ashton
05-23-2016, 05:51 AM
Just as seen one stem left one on the right
Nivce one. One of my favourites too. The dissappearing OOF swtem is a tad eye catching. The dark stem behind the pale green one looks a little strange, Were there two flower stems?
Pleasant shot whatever.
JohnR

Anita Bower
05-23-2016, 06:10 AM
Lovely to see wildflowers from England. Lovely pink. I looked it up and it seems to be declining, as are many natives here in the US.

Allen Sparks
05-23-2016, 04:21 PM
Hi Jon,
I like the selective focus and colors of the flowers. Getting rid of the oof bud may be worth a look. Nice image.
Allen

Jonathan Ashton
05-25-2016, 04:33 AM
Thanks very much everyone.