PDA

View Full Version : Misty morning Kingfisher

dennis greenwood
05-22-2016, 11:31 AM
I will not go in to to much detail on what it cost me to get this shot this morning.
I will just say after a quick recky yesterday and looking for a possible set up i lost a pair of binoculars and one of my Muck boot wellies.
Forecast was decent for the morning ,unfortunatley the mist stayed on the river a lot longer than i hoped for ...canon 500mm f4 at f8 1/500 sec +2/3 ev iso 640 tripod mounted under a bag hide 162341

Russ Norwood
05-22-2016, 04:03 PM
That's a fine image of a bird I've often admired but have never seen. Our "belted kingfishers" are nowhere near this showy.

Excellent color, focus and DOF. Nice soft light, too.

I'd like to see it with the bird a little farther right, and I just noticed a small blurry shadow that looks like something under the far side of the perch about a quarter of the way in from the left side of the frame that I'd probably take out, too. Both of those are nitpicky. It's beautiful work I'd be proud to call mine just as it is.

Russ Norwood
www.perceptivist.com

Bill Dix
05-22-2016, 04:35 PM
Beautiful bird with a nicely sized catch. Great colors. Just ask the fish to turn the other way. :w3

Loi Nguyen
05-22-2016, 07:44 PM
What a big prize? I have never seen a king fisher with such a big fish. Lovely colors. The BG seems a touch bright on my monitor. Great job of getting close to a king fisher and was able to take such a fine image. No issue with the placement of the bird for me. Loi

Diane Miller
05-23-2016, 10:30 PM
Sharp, great colors -- elegant! No nits! Hopefully worth the price.

Glenn Conlan
05-24-2016, 07:48 PM
Very nice with a great perch, the colors are very striking and the big catch adds to a wonderful image