PDA

View Full Version : RGB

Glennie Passier
05-21-2016, 08:39 PM
At the very flattering request from David, I have re-posted this image from the ETL. Rainbow Lorikeet on coffee tree perch.

These birds spend a lot of their time upside down, and finding a decent crop doesn't always work. I am not that fond of a square crop but thought this was not too bad. Cloned out some berries on the very bottom and one from the very top. It had been suggested to remove the shadows across his wing and belly, but, in the end, decided to leave them in.

Small exposure adjustment in ACR and in PS, fiddled with the BG (maybe a bit too much?) NR on BG, cropped and sharpened for posting.

Canon 5D2
Sigma 150-600mm @ 329mm
ISO 1000
1/640
f8
tripod

C&C Always welcomed and appreciated!

Jim Keener
05-21-2016, 09:47 PM
I'm so very pleased to see your bird here. Especially in an image where the feathers and beans share colors.

Gerhard Weldhagen
05-22-2016, 12:18 AM
The background and beans look really good but the detail on the bird seems a bit washed out, especially around the head. The composition exhibits this species and the very common upside down pose for them well.

keith mitchell
05-22-2016, 02:45 AM
Hi Glennie,I do like the upside down pose and the berries but not sure about the bird itself ,cant put my finger on it but maybe a lacks a bit of feather detail,after saying this Glennie have just got out of my bed so the old eyes could still need to adjust.

Keith.

Daniel Cadieux
05-22-2016, 06:37 AM
Do those berries come in blue too?:S3: I love the pose, the perch, the vertical composition. The BG looks fine, and the shadow does not bother me. Great job all around.

Lorant Voros
05-22-2016, 10:05 AM
Super bird, nice upside down pose and the perch with the berries is a fantastic addition that match the colors of the bird. I like it as presented. Well done.

David Salem
05-22-2016, 02:41 PM
You know what I think!

Loi Nguyen
05-22-2016, 07:34 PM
Killer bird, killer perch with berries, and killer colors. What not to like?

I wonder why many people (including me) want to avoid he square crop. This image lends itself to a perfect square. One minor suggestion that I'd like to make is to take little bit off the bottom. I know, that means you would cut off the perch, but now the bird is in a perfect diagonal line. You may like it that way.

Loi

Gabriela Plesea
05-23-2016, 03:08 PM
Glennie, this is awesome!

Such an appealing image, I love the composition, colours, pose from the subject, perch is superb!

Thank you once again for your post in Story Sequences - wonderful work, do keep them coming, I certainly look forward to more from you!

Kind regards,

Diane Miller
05-24-2016, 11:18 AM
Glennie, I love this fantastic shot here as much as I did in ETL, and the title is perfect! Apologies I didn't see it here sooner -- have been too busy to keep up here for quite a wile.

You might consider a very tiny crop from the top to loose that detail on the branch right at the edge, otherwise no nits!

dankearl
05-24-2016, 06:49 PM
This is terrific, congrats and thanks for posting this here. Very well done.