PDA

View Full Version : Orange Crowned Warbler

Russ Norwood
05-18-2016, 01:57 PM
I made this image recently during a week-long stay in Gillespie County, Texas Hill Country, a region called the Texas Hill Country. I shot from a blind over a man-made water feature, photographing more than a dozen species that were new to me along with many more that I know well, including this orange crowned warbler. An overcast day softened the light nicely.

I've been away from the forum for quite a while and I've missed it.

Canon 1DX
Canon 500mm F4L IS + 1.4x TC
ISO 1600
1/500 AT f8

John Robinson
05-18-2016, 02:32 PM
Hi Russ
Great light and detail on the bird indeed. Lke the BG too
Teeny bit large in the frame but thats just a pesonal view. Good stuff
JohnR

Joseph Przybyla
05-18-2016, 03:39 PM
Beautiful bird, nicely shown. I agree with John that it appears a little large in the frame but also just a personal preference of mine. Other than that all looks great to my limited knowledge. Thank you for sharing.

Marina Scarr
05-18-2016, 09:06 PM
You did a great job with feather details in this bird with a nice pose also. I am wishing the perch weren't intersection so close to the bird's head.

Allen Sparks
05-19-2016, 03:55 AM
Hi Russ,
Very nice details on this one and nice light as you mention. I'd try running noise reduction on the BG.
Allen

keith mitchell
05-19-2016, 09:14 AM
Do see a little noise on the bg ,beautiful sharp and natural feather detail and good colour.

Keith.

Russ Norwood
05-21-2016, 07:05 PM
Thanks to everyone for comments and suggestions. I especially liked the BGR NR opinion and I'll try a little looser crop, too. I'd have responded sooner but we've had some intense storms and our power has been out for a couple of days.

Russ Norwood Photography
www.perceptivist.com
(http://www.perceptivist.com)