PDA

View Full Version : Ringed plover having a think

christopher galeski
05-16-2016, 07:04 AM
Taken yesterday on local river,nice morning till a big cloud blocked the sun,this was a small break on this rock,it was none stop feeding on midges,and moving all the time,cannon500mm IS,L,F4,1/4EXT,700MM FL,50D MK111,TRIPOD SET LOW,ISO1250,1/1250S,F5.6.SH,CURVES,CROP,SHARPENED.

Gerhard Weldhagen
05-16-2016, 08:05 AM
Bird looks sharp and well exposed. Darkening the pupil may make the eye stand out more. Overall a very pleasing image.

Jonathan Ashton
05-16-2016, 10:00 AM
Good title and equally good shot. I like the composition and the exposure is excellent. Good details in the bird though I maybe tempted to apply a little detail extractor just to see if a little more detail becomes apparent on the head.

Lorant Voros
05-16-2016, 12:00 PM
Nice that the bird got on the top of the largest river stone. Saying that I really like the foreground. Happy we can see the near foot as well and there is good eye contact. TFS.

keith mitchell
05-16-2016, 03:34 PM
Chris the eye contact is brilliant ,bird nicely lifted on that stone,real nice job.

Keith.

John Robinson
05-16-2016, 03:43 PM
Hi Chris
Great habitat shot. A bird I,ve only done in gravel pits. There,s something about the eye I can't weigh up.. Maybe its the shape of the highlight. No big deal.
Good stuff
John

gail bisson
05-16-2016, 04:03 PM
Very nice image.
I like how the bird is posed on the highest rock thus lifting him up from the BG rocks.
The head seems a bit off- almost like you did a bit of NR to the area. Appears very smooth. I cannot put my finger on the problem but I am seeing something that is causing a decrease in feather details on head.
I really like the inclusion of the habitat.
Gail

christopher galeski
05-17-2016, 01:17 AM
Thanks for looking and comments,Gail,Ihave not done any NR on the image,and it is not a big crop,I was close to the bird,but I understand what you are saying,the black bands are quite dark,and maybe I have used too much SH,John that's how the eye was,the light half is the sky.thanks again.

Arthur Morris
05-17-2016, 07:45 AM
Sharp and lovely image of a worn, molting adult. I'd go for a bit of a pano crop to eliminate the o-o-f foreground rocks. Plus a fast and dirty NeatImage noise reduction job. As below. a

ps: Do a search on the blog for NeatImage to learn more... It is amazing. As is the new guide that I did with Arash: "The Professional Post Processing Guide (https://store.birdsasart.com/shop/item.aspx?itemid=415)."

Frank Schauf
05-17-2016, 10:20 AM
Great pose and setting you have here.

christopher galeski
05-18-2016, 12:21 AM
Thankyou Arthur and Frank for your comments,I will look into neat image thanks again.