PDA

View Full Version : Freeze in Flight …

Ritesh Nangare
05-14-2016, 10:20 AM
ODKF, (oriental dwarf king fisher) (female Bird)

ODKF are beautifully quick flyers and suddenly change the directions during the flight. Caching them in the flight with full wing side open at the camera its my dream shot. I make wish three years ago that one day I will catch him during the flight and without any special things adding to camera with using only camera and lens nothing els….

I was able to succeeded in this last year in August.it took almost burn 4 to 5k of my 1Dx shutters I make many shots with me which are with pray without pray in flight but no one is as good as this one the full wing open and full side profile of the bird seen with frog Pray in the mouth. Its like dream come true for at that time …..

The BG is Modified for the better viewing ....

Canon 1Dx,
Canon 500mm with 1.4 TC,
F5.6,
iso 6400.

gail bisson
05-15-2016, 06:17 AM
Hi Ritesh,
A beautiful bird.
Unfortunately the head has a bit of motion blur. The bird is also just slightly past you and angling away from you ever so slightly.
What was your SS and what did you do to the BG? In what way did you modify it?
Gail

Ritesh Nangare
05-15-2016, 06:30 AM
Hi Ritesh,
A beautiful bird.
Unfortunately the head has a bit of motion blur. The bird is also just slightly past you and angling away from you ever so slightly.
What was your SS and what did you do to the BG? In what way did you modify it?
Gail

Yes agree to you the bird going little away from me to its favourite Pearce.... The SS is 1/1600 I think not sure and right now I don't have file with me its on my office iMac, but I will post it tomorrow.
Yes the In the BG there is big black branch exactly behind the bird and its in focus to the end of the branch ..... I fully clone it out. That is the modification I did in this image.

John Rowell
05-15-2016, 11:23 AM
Colors are very nice in this image. I like the pose with the insect in its mouth and being able to see the feet, but I do agree with Gail's comments. Excellent job of cloning out the branch.

Jonathan Ashton
05-16-2016, 05:09 AM
I am sure a very difficult shot to obtain but I sense the eye is just not quite in focus, with a subject like this I would have gone for 1/3200 sec whenever practicable. I would also consider de-saturating the background and maybe a tad less bright.

David Salem
05-18-2016, 11:15 AM
Great suggestions from all the members. I like the frame and the insect in the mouth really adds to the image. This is one where you could selectively sharpen the head only and give it a little bit more detail. Nice work on the cloning 2