PDA

View Full Version : Some white flowers

Desmond Chan
06-11-2008, 01:09 AM
S5, ISO 100mm, f16, 1/4 sec.

Wanted to try something different. What do you think?

John Cooper
06-11-2008, 02:47 AM
Hi Desmond - A very attractive flower and you have held good detail in the whites. As for the composition I would tend to concentrate on the main bloom making it the major feature.
(The radiating stems with cropped blooms that you have included would probably have worked without the cropped flower in bottom left hand corner and the central BG clutter).

Mike Moats
06-11-2008, 06:01 AM
Hey Desmond, I really like the idea your were after with the stems and flowers radiating from the main flower. Where it starts to fall apart is the clutter down bleow the stems. I see you shot at f/16, so by shooting more wide open maybe in f/8 or f/6.3 you may have been able to blurred some of the clutter beyond the stems. Other options when to cluttered as John points out is to just shoot tighter on the main flower.

Julie Kenward
06-11-2008, 09:42 AM
Love the comp on this one! I think a bit of blur on the other flowers would be a great touch to making that main flower pop.

Robert Amoruso
06-11-2008, 12:48 PM
Desmond,

I have to agree with Mike and the others, the BG flowers provide too much clutter.

Desmond Chan
06-11-2008, 07:24 PM
All right, back to the drawing board :o

I felt something was not quite there myself but I couldn't put my finger on it. So, thanks for the comments, folks ! Really appreciate them !