PDA

View Full Version : MW over Marsh

Don Lacy
05-09-2016, 05:09 PM
There are not many places in Florida where you can get far enough away from light pollution to get really detailed night sky images the Big Bend area of the Florida Panhandle is on of these places. I spent a few days there doing some scouting and shooting and while it might not have the iconic features of the American Southwest or the soaring mountain ranges of other areas I still found the saltwater marshes to have a subtle beauty all their own.

Canon 6D, Samyang 14mm, 30s at f/2.8, manual mode, ISO 6400, Tripod , light painted

Don Railton
05-11-2016, 11:06 PM
Hi Don

A fine shot of the Milky way.. I like how the eye flows down the MW to the reeds that are lit, with only a hint of detail in the remainder of the reeds.. I have no suggestions..

DON

Diane Miller
05-12-2016, 11:06 AM
Beautiful! The light painting is subtle and lovely, and nicely offset by the light on the horizon.

Time for me to go Milky Way shooting again. Almost always too much moisture near the coast -- I need to head for the mountains before the skies fill with the smoke of summer fires.

Adhika Lie
05-12-2016, 08:20 PM
Beautiful, Don. The light pollution at the LL corner is unfortunate. The light painting is very nicely done.

Michael Thompson
05-18-2016, 11:38 PM
well, done, great exposure, and sharp stars. I might have to try this when I am down there next year.

Luis Patacao
05-19-2016, 04:50 PM
Good shot of the milky way, the light in the marshes give it a special touch.

Andrew McLachlan
06-08-2016, 03:25 PM
Very nice work Don...I love the light on the cattails. I am going to get the Samyang/Rokinon lens this summer for nightscapes up in this neck of the woods :)