PDA

View Full Version : The Lucca Storm

Cheryl Slechta
05-08-2016, 09:44 PM
Here's another image from the wall using the same cloud texture with a different hue.:S3:

Dennis Bishop
05-09-2016, 07:43 AM
I've seen -- and liked -- blurs before, but especially the last two you've done are so good. Visually, I was first consciously impressed by the diagonals. Then, I realized that they're opposed by other lines, and the result is good, even if it's subconscious. The possible interpretations may be subconscious, too, but they add a wonderful dimension. The progression from dark at the bottom to lighter and yellower at the top gives a sense of hope, and it's reinforced by the diagonals pointing in the direction they are.

gary ellwein
05-11-2016, 02:11 AM
.Cheryl, I like the simplicity of the image. The band of yellow grass anchors the base. The peripheral branches make a pleasing arc. I'm with Dennis relative to the luminosity gradient.

Anita Bower
05-11-2016, 06:54 AM
Another wonderful blur! Love the subdued colors. I agree with Dennis about hope--the tree seems to be reaching up and out into a brighter day. You are making me like blurs! I think a series of these tree blurs would be wonderful.

Diane Miller
05-11-2016, 09:09 PM
Nice to be late here -- I only need to add a cheer from the stands! The lines and tonalities here are gorgeous!

Nancy Bell
05-12-2016, 02:29 PM
Such an effective threatening mood here. I like how the buildings in the foreground appear in this image, subtle but I can tell what they are. Also like how the very bottom edge has those yellowish-green grasses blurred upwards and softening the base of those buildings, plus drawing your eye into the image. I may have seen too many forest fires, but instead of the hope Dennis perceives, I feel those bottom grasses are tongues of flames reaching up and burning. The dark edge on the left is encroaching smoke. Too funny how we each bring so much of ourselves to someone else's art!

Jackie Schuknecht
05-12-2016, 04:55 PM
Love this Cheryl. Foreboding and hopeful at the same time. Love the simplicity and earth tones.